Dollar General - Corporate is out of touch | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar General

"Corporate is out of touch"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Brooksville, FL
Current Employee - Store Manager in Brooksville, FL

I have been working at Dollar General full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great associates, live close, some awesome customers.

Cons

From the DM's on up are so out of touch with their employees that it's ashame. The air and phone in my store don't work. My sales (since I took over the store in Feb.) Have jumped to $1500. Over ly sales. " Not good enough" #1 in the district for customer satisfaction " still not good enough". DG is cutting labor hours, so all mgrs must work more. Two weeks ago I did 67 hrs last week 65 this week I'll end up with 69, they have you put their (legal) 1 hour in the computer. I don't know one mgr that works the 50 hrs matrix schedules, " that's a joke" no one from dms up want to hear what really happens in the store. I.E. why this pog or that endcap wasn't set. In the real world we have customers, vendors, an employee that called out, that all comes before the mag book. But they don't care about that. Its truly ashame that in the last couple years Ive seen numerous mgrs leave because of the way their treated. About 75% of the mgrs in my district are looking for other jobs. And it's not because of the hrs or the work we do, it's mainly because dms on up are s o out of touch and to say thank you would be literally like pulling teeth.

Advice to Management

Listen to your mgrs, ask them questions. Stop listening to the dms up that just sugar coat it. Acknowledge that the staff in the stores are the ones making all the billions for you. It's not all peachs and cream out here. Call a store and personally say thank you, let the store personal think you care about us ( even if you don't ).

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar General

"Former Sales Lead Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate Lead I'm the 6th One In A Few Months in Lees Summit, MO

I worked at Dollar General full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dollar General is near elderly community.The customers were very nice and friendly.

Cons

The Manager and Assistant Manager seem clueless.And forget that customers what keeps a business going.Drama and gossip and disrespect to new associates and customers won't work.Be honest I seen more stuff leaving the store threw your associates.Store was so filthy its shocking.Bathroom was horrible I am a female and rather go outside.

Advice to Management

You seem to have no clue about managing a store.And Assistant manager either.

2. "Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Buford, GA

I have been working at Dollar General full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have Great associates, who understand total Customer service. Because of this, I have a Loyal customer base.

Cons

The store is located in a building sixty years old, with little to no parking,

Advice to Management

Replace the location of the store.