Dollar General - Career growth and opportunity in an organization dedicated to SERVING OTHERS! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar General

"Career growth and opportunity in an organization dedicated to SERVING OTHERS!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Dollar General full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company really honors their mission of serving others. Not only serving the communities they are in, but their employees, the military (active and reserves) and national-guard. Dollar General affords anyone with the desire to work hard and grow with many opportunities for advancement, both in traditional and non-traditional ways. People who come to work for Dollar General have the ability to make this their lifelong career. It would surprise many how many “corporate” people started out as employees in the stores. Dedication, hard work and determination payoff!!

Cons

There really isn’t much negative about the company, even though they are growing at an amazing pace in these tough economic times, they still have the ability to stay connected to their store employees and take critical feedback.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!! You continue to make the right changes to continue supporting our small towns and communities as an EDLP leader and role model for other organizations with the DG Literacy Foundation and Employee Assistance Program.

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar General

"Very Good."

Current Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Dollar General full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits. Great Salary. Great environment. Couldn't ask for a better job and a better place to work. Love the perks of working at dollar general.

Cons

No Cons. Very good store overall. Love working here, couldn't ask for any better job. Nothing beats Dollar General Management!

"Store Services Analyst"

Current Employee - Store Services Analyst in Goodlettsville, TN
    Current Employee - Store Services Analyst in Goodlettsville, TN

I have been working at Dollar General full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I cannot say enough good things about this company. From the on site steller child care, to the on site gym, on site massage theropy, on site dry cleaning, on site car detailing, employee tuition discounts, nursing mothers rooms, flexible schedules, and work life balance. Dollar general is constantly having programs to help benefit employees. We have access to continuing education at no charge and managers are encouraging to help you get to your career goals or next position within the organization. I have never liked working, but I can honestly say I feel more like I am part of a team than I am working and I enjoy being a member of the Dollar General family.

Cons

The healthcare benefit package is a little expensive for what you get, however it is still cheaper than what you would pay for an individual policy. The only other con I can say, is I feel the compensation could be better. If I went to another company I could make 10-20% more, however I am willing to take the pay cut to have a company that treats their employees as good as Dollar General.

Advice to Management

Keep treating employees with respect and make them feel like they have a voice, and we continue to work hard for you.