Dollar General - It is a good company to work for but I feel they don't care about the lower management. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar General

"It is a good company to work for but I feel they don't care about the lower management."

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Dollar General full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love the customers and the employees that are in my store. I like the improvements they are making but it seems that they are just to save themselves a buck, not make our jobs easier or more effective.

Cons

Extremely long hours. Not enough time to spend with family and friends. With only 1 day off a week its hard to even get day to day things done. I am salary so they can use us whenever they want. They keep cutting our hours for our hourly employees and still expect us to get more done but with less help.

Advice to Management

quit being so cheap and give us some hours to take care of our stores and our customers.

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar General

1. "Underpaid & Overworked"

Former Employee - Dollar General Third Key
    Former Employee - Dollar General Third Key

I worked at Dollar General full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with great customers, promotions are very possible although limited, would be a good first job for customer service

Cons

Inconsistent pay across all employees, bad mouthing once a person leaves the company, hostile environment,

Advice to Management

Look at who your strongest people are and get rid of the weak links! Watch the video cameras and really see who is doing the work and get rid of those who are slacking.

"They could care less about their employees"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Dollar General full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The customers and co workers

Cons

Upper mgmt preps store before corp comes to town so they think all is good. We work way too hard with too little payroll unless your "special" to the boss. Favoritism is everywhere. Worst company ever.

Advice to Management

Work in the store and see what we deal with. Support your employees . You are losing so many good people due to not knowing their struggles.