Dollar General - Hiring Process and Interview as Assistant Store Manager at Dollar General takes about 2 weeks. | Glassdoor

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Lawton, OK

I have been working at Dollar General full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hiring process start with apply online and complete the assessment test, then, three days later got a call from SM for face-to-face interview which went well. She was very nice, friendly, and knowledgeable. Ask me questions about how to handle customer, what integrity means to you, what dependable means, and how to handle difficult customer. I answered the best I can. She gave me overview of the job responsibility of...

Cons

The store is short-handed, and the store need a lot of work in being more presentable to customers.

Advice to Management

So far, I want the Management to keep up the great job, and I hope they always keep enough employees on each store to keep up with the upkeep of the store for better sales, improvements, and less stress to the Managers and employees.

Serving Others at Dollar General

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Goodlettsville, TN

I have been working at Dollar General full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Career growth and development, competitive pay, engagement culture, leaders are accessible and exhibit the company's mission of serving others, industry leader in the dollar space.

Cons

Company is nimble and moves quickly, be ready for a fast pace!

2. Ehhh

Former Employee - Sales Associate in El Dorado, AR

I worked at Dollar General part-time for more than a year

Pros

Get a lot of hours

Cons

Some managers try to be under handed to get you fired. Even if you're in college full time, they want you to put work above everything.

Discover more reviews about Dollar General.