Dollar Thrifty Automotive - Hopeful | Glassdoor

"Hopeful"

Current Employee - Training Manager
Current Employee - Training Manager

I have been working at Dollar Thrifty Automotive full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The group of people working in my area are amazing! There is a family sense of teamwork and working towards a similar goal. Having a vehicle as part of my compensation package is definitely a huge plus!! My job requires frequent travel and I enjoy getting to know employees throughout the US and Canada.
The Hertz/DTAG merger brings various opportunities for the motivated professional who is passionate about their work. It will be nice working for a global industry leader with the resources to position the brands effectively.

Cons

Unfortunately, there is an unequitable trend at DTAG. Director level positions are usually granted to those who are in the "good ol boys" club (this includes women). It becomes concerning when your supervisor does not understand the fundementals of your department. I see this in various areas. However, I am hopeful that the Hertz team will select qualified and professional people to lead our new company.
Next, my team has not received a pay increase or performance review in over 5 years. This is extremely discouraging. As a member of the HR team, I would have thought our department valued the importance of performance feedback.
The message from upper level management is not consistent when it comes to communication.

Advice to Management

Please develop your director level staff to professionally manage a team. This includes communication, strategic thinking, leadership skills and development planning.

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Thrifty Automotive

1. "manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Stansted, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Stansted, England (UK)

I have been working at Dollar Thrifty Automotive full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Reactive and diverse environment. Wide range of skills and customer service knowledge obtainable.

Cons

Long hours and limited progression

2. "Worst job in the world"

Former Employee - Service Agent in Charlotte Amalie (Virgin Islands (US))
    Former Employee - Service Agent in Charlotte Amalie (Virgin Islands (US))

Pros

There are no pros in working here

Cons

They want you do a great deal of work for very low pay.

Advice to Management

Learn how to deal with customers