Dollar Thrifty Automotive - As good as Dollar can be, it could be much better !!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Thrifty Automotive

"As good as Dollar can be, it could be much better !!!"

Current Employee - Rental Car Agent. in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Rental Car Agent. in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Medical Benefits (average), decent pay, and after 10 years working for them,4 weeks paid vacation.
And rental agents,in particular, who are good at selling upgrades, insurance, etc., get very good monthly incentives.

Cons

In the Summertime, often understaffed. Constantly on the run, and often we miss breaks, due to how busy we are and not enough staff. When we try to call in sick the managers very often give us a hard time, and try to pressure us to come in to work.....if we are sick we are told "take some medicine". Then we are often told how busy they will be, and how short (staff wise) . We are made to feel guilty for something not our fault. !!!
time if you call in sick. Managers give you pressure

Advice to Management

To try and get more feedback from staff. To not make it a punishable offense for calling in sick , when you are sick. This is almost the 8th month of the year, I called in sick once, and we give points that go against us for calling in sick....anytime....and two points for calling in the day before , or after your weekend. Doesn't matter if you are sick...it goes against you on your employee record.

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Thrifty Automotive

"DTAG = Professional Outsourcers"

Former Employee - Engineer in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Engineer in Tulsa, OK

Pros

It is a small company, with its headquarters in Tulsa, OK. It can be easy to get things done there (it is not too big, so there is minimal red tape in accomplishing little victories). They didn't pay great, but the small company atmosphere more than made up for it. We had direct interaction with senior mgmt.

Cons

Your job will be moved to India. They have a pledge to outsource all jobs. If they could get their customers to pick up their rentals in India, they would move their rental locations there as well. They have outsourced their IT department (which sounds like it could make sense, but it didn't work out well). They have outsourced their call center (that always makes you popular with your customers). The CEO has made it clear that all jobs that can be outsourced, will be outsourced. Four years ago, they were bursting at the seams, trying to hire more and more people. They had to rent a building elsewhere in town just to accomodate. Now they have vacated that building. They have also vacated a building on their HQ Campus. They used to occupy three buildings at that location, now they have two.

Advice to Management

Outsourcing hasn't worked. Your actions are not working. Step down, and let someone else take the helm.

2. "Opportunity"

I worked at Dollar Thrifty Automotive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Learning opportunity. Family oriented business, customer service oriented.

Cons

Went from Customer Service Oriented to Sales only and forgetting about the Customer

Advice to Management

Find the right balance.