Dollar Tree - Under-appreciated | Glassdoor

"Under-appreciated"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my employees and customer...I had developed wonderful relationship with my employees and a other members of management. I also enjoyed many of the policies that were there about bonuses and time-off; many of which were changed for newly hired management. It gave an opportunity to polish my customer service skills and learn to develop ways of getting along with everyone.

Cons

They are not "employee-friendly", they're only about their dollar. They changed policies that they felt would help the company but simply slowed down our process. They do not give out enough hours to keep the operation flowing good and getting the store to visual readiness.

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate your employees, and take the time to train them. Probably why they have high turn-over rate.

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

"Sucks!"

Current Employee - Cashier in Wytheville, VA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Wytheville, VA

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some awesome people to get to know and meet. Decent hours.

Cons

Management is lazy! Depends on employees to carry the whole work load, and get wrote up if not completed. They do not work with schedules at all, I am in college and they are not lenient. I work all night shifts.

"Way over worked an under paid for industry standard."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pros are this company has a very high turn over and you can move up very quickly if you have no experience.

Cons

This company doesn't pay the associates or give them hours. They limit each associate to 15 hours at min. wage. Who can make a living at that and how does Dollar Tree expect to retain any associate that is worth investing in.

Advice to Management

Need a shake down. A complete change of thought about how to go about treating and investing in each an every associate. After all associate are the ones that make the company. Also "apple seed" is a joke! Waste of time. Micro Management never works.