Dollar Tree - Careless | Glassdoor

"Careless"

Former Employee - Freight Processor in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Freight Processor in Orlando, FL

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pros of working at Dollar Tree are that of working at any other retail store; you're the first to know what is going on the shelves for consumers.

Cons

The downsides of working at the specific store I worked at was the lack of communication between managers, poor environmental ethics, and the lack of commitment to the productivity and appeal of the store.

Advice to Management

Individual stores should be investigated with a keen eye. The success of a store is based on its appearance and how well the manager can manage the day to day routine.

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

"Headache"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy advance into management from associate position.
    ok benefits (For management).

Cons

From an Assistant Manager's point of view. Bad pay(You're expected to do as much work as a store manager, but get paid close to a cashier...), Impossible to achieve monthly bonus, ridiculous if not unrealistic expectations from upper management. Just overall too much work, headache and demands for the bad pay they give you.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and pay them what they deserve , after all they do all the physical/crucial work to keep your corporation functioning.

"Not what they told me the job would be"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Tyler, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Tyler, TX

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like challenges this is the job.

Cons

Margins for the business model so low that there are not enough hours to give hourly associates to effectively get the job done. Therefore the salaried store manager based on a 45 hr work week must work 65+ hours to make up the difference.

Advice to Management

either shareholders need to take a few million less and give to the stores(or district) budgets or the price point needs to be increased so we can hire enough coverage to take care of freight, customer service, the abundant seasonal transitions, training, and the additional corporate responsibilities (paperwork) we must keep up with.