Dollar Tree - Great so far | Glassdoor

"Great so far"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great People to work for

Cons

How the trucks are when they come

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

"Worst of the worst in Retail, stay away"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interaction and friendship developed with your associates. Otherwise, nothing.

Cons

I worked with Dollar Tree for about a year and 3 months. Within a week, I learned that this was not a good place to begin my career. I took the job because of the recession.

Don't compare my review as an Assistant Store Manager to the reviews from cashiers. Read the reviews of other assistant managers and you will see that most are negative.

I'll be brief, I was an assistant manager with many responsibilities and they paid me $1.75 more to the hour than a cashier.

- I got no recognition from my store manager for tasks I completed and worked extra hard on.
    - You won't be thanked or complimented on your work; only negativity and constructive criticism
    - There are never enough employees to meet expectations of store's appearance. That's how the executives save money by hiring as few as possible to barely get by.
    - I was flexible with my hours, reliable and came in on my off days, he didn't care. He continued to give me as few hours as possible.
    - I quickly realized that my position was going nowhere and I did the same redundant stuff everyday
    - You're not evaluated and given a raise, HR prorates you and it can't be more than 25 cents/year
    - NOTHING will change in your store. Policies may vary but nobody follows them. Everyone including the store manager do minimum just to get by and get out the door.
    - Store manager does not care about keeping up with and giving cashiers their breaks and meals because SM is salaried.

*** I could go on and on, but I "highly" recommend you stay away from here unless you will accept minimum wage and are absolutely desperate. Read the other reviews. They're similar to mine.

Advice to Management

Your entire company needs reform and better evaluation on stores and their leaders. Stop putting all profit into executives and so little money to the stores' basic necessities.

2. "Very busy job"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits and vacations
    Sick time

Cons

Dealing with the public Difficult customers