Dollar Tree - Good place to work. | Glassdoor

"Good place to work."

Former Employee - Sales Clerk/Cashier in Jacksboro, TN
Former Employee - Sales Clerk/Cashier in Jacksboro, TN

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work ethics were good here. Co-workers are helpful and friendly. Metting new people.

Cons

Not enough hours for employees. Short breaks.

Advice to Management

None they were great.

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

"I am still in shock"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can not think of one single thing good about the district I worked in.

Cons

Store level positions are not for women....I worked there as a PT Assistant Manager. I am lucky enough to be in a position where I do not have to work, so I thought I would get me a PT job at a retail store. Because of my extensive experience in retail management they offered me PT asst. manager. I have never worked so hard in my life...and I have always been a hard worker. The process of checking in truck and putting up stock is so out dated and inefficient that the manager is constantly putting out stock, and unable to concentrate on customer service or employee issues. It is unbelievable how hard these women work for just a small amount of money, and I do mean small. The manager is no more than a regular employee with a key and salary so she can work 100 hours per week. So if you are in a Dollar Tree, and the cashier or manager is somewhat curt, please understand because these employees go through hell and /or probably in pain from throwing boxes of freight. Big Semi trucks bring the merchandise, approx. 800 boxes and 2 or 3 employees unload the semi truck. Its ridiculous to expect women and small men to do this. Side note, no back belts in any stores.

Advice to Management

Appreciate each of your long term employees. Also, get together with other management and think of ways to improve the process for checking in and putting out freight. Also, offer these people back belts.

2. "Growing company with unlimited potential"

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Plan to build over 300 stores a year until they reach about 7000 stores. Currently at 5000 stores. Plenty of opportunity for growth.

Cons

New and still creating a strong structure for growing company. Senior Management is still evolving from old ideas to new ideas.