Dollar Tree - Some decent days but mostly days that sucked | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

"Some decent days but mostly days that sucked"

Former Employee - Cashier in Dixon, CA
Former Employee - Cashier in Dixon, CA

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to request days off - just write it on the calendar a couple weeks in advance. The particular managers I had were cool and nice, and the customers.

Cons

A couple times they scheduled me against my availability (school)
Bad experience with an assistant manager (tweaked a previous back injury that wasn't work related)
Many times I towards the end of a shift I would be asked if I could stay longer (usually 4 hours)

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

1. "Great company to work for!!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company Culture
    Cafeteria had great Food

Cons

Management should be better qualified

"Pretty Bad Experience"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you like to serve people you can expect to make some nice customer relationships.
    Stores aren't open for Christmas YET so store managers can enjoy their family that day.

Cons

Very high turnover from District Manager to cashier. Impossible workloads as related to salary budget.
    Senior management is constantly putting out fires and not addressing root causes of problems. When Corporate visits are scheduled, district managers may throw a lot of payroll at problem stores to get them ready for "the surprise visit". Problems are too often swept under the rug. This is due to razor thin salary budgets. Like all companies, they talk a good story regarding customer service and safety but when the rubber hits the road they care only about bottom line profit. Inadequate staffing leads to poor customer service, poor store safety, shoddy merchandising and ultimately demoralized employees.Unfortunately, I believe this corporate culture shows little regard for many of the loyal store level employees of the company. After all, when high turnover is the norm and you can't attract quality talent at competitive wages, you are only left with the option of replacing your liabilities.

Advice to Management

It's a bitter pill to swallow, but in tough economic times shareholders might have to shoulder some of the burden. Your ambitions for expansion are impressive. Doing so off the backs of those who made you successful without giving compensation is dangerous. For those in the field my advice is to seek opportunities elsewhere.