Dollar Tree - Improvements needed. Policymakers should work their own "Laws" in an inner-city store... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

"Improvements needed. Policymakers should work their own "Laws" in an inner-city store..."

Current Employee - Ft Assistant Store Manager in Moultrie, GA
Current Employee - Ft Assistant Store Manager in Moultrie, GA

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

guaranteed at least min. of 35 hrs. per week
most customers are great

Cons

must punch for breaks but usually won't get, low pay, not enough people working at same time, freight and work load to heavy, etc scedules Always subject to change and called in on day off.
some of the regular customers can be very arrogant and huge butts
parents with children let their kids run loose while they are destroying the store
customers on cell phones at any given time during their shopping trip even while checking out or asking where something is located...and on and on and on...

Advice to Management

More payroll hours given to employ at least 2 cashiers and managment at ALL given open hours of business...even when slow. Better way and "tools" to make truck unload easier on all our backs.

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

"Just stock and ring"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is good for short term get your experience and move on to a better job, now if you stay work your way up to store manager if you can, I had the experience of working with bad managers maybe by now there gone "wink wink"

Cons

Its like they got all the worst managers other companies got rid of and hired them all. the sad thing is that the company is doing well but has the worst management, merchandises sells it self

Advice to Management

If your employees know more than you learn from them dont retaliate "each one teach one"
    DM's need to be fully trained before there out in the field managers need to leave there bad tactics and have a plan for there stores.

2. "Summer Job"

Former Employee - Store Associate in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Store Associate in Allen, TX

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are two Dollar Trees in my city, and I was working at the nicer one. We kept our location much nicer than the other one, and I could tell this because people were often surprised when they walked in. They also complimented us. I've heard a lot of bad reviews about Dollar Tree employees having to work through breaks without pay, but I never experienced that while I was there.

Cons

The downside of my experience there was a schedule that changed weekly. It would have been nice to have a consistent schedule. Another downside is they only pay minimum wage, but from my experience it's an alright starter job.

Advice to Management

Either schedule more employees or expect employees to do less on their shifts; it can get very busy and messy in the store. Sometimes it's impossible for the number of employees that are there to get everything done that needs to be done.