Dollar Tree - Very chill environment. | Glassdoor

"Very chill environment."

Former Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier in Indian Trail, NC
Former Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier in Indian Trail, NC

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good people
- Will work with you schedule-wise
- You stay busy but not stressed
- Short 4 hours shifts

Cons

- The pay
- Some of the customers
- The store gets very messy and takes lots of time to clean up
- Stay on top of break schedule

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

"I wouldn't wish this type of behavior on anyone!"

Former Employee - Assistant F/T Store Manager in Zephyrhills, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant F/T Store Manager in Zephyrhills, FL

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the customers the most, they were friendlier and more understanding when glitches would occure from the old registars, LOL. I would then say the actual company is next, very understanding when time off needed in an emergency or short notice. Corporate was wonderful with prompt attention to paycard issues down to ordering items that our customers wanted in stock in the store.

Cons

They allow D.M's to come into the store suspend someone until further notice without conducting a full investigation about the problem at hand. Then to top it off u keep callin to find out information on what's going on with ur job and no one can tell u anything. After a few months you decide to file for unemplyment and they want to object to paying cause u were told u were fired. Unemployment contacts you to have a phone interview so they investigate more than Dollar Tree. Well I won my case fortunately and I didn't do the horrible thing that they said I did. Oh, yea, I didn't steal 2 items totaling $2.14.

Advice to Management

Don't take the word of a person just because they are higher ranked than another individual. Treat all persons with respect and fairness equally.

2. "As much as I complain about working here I can't seem to leave."

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay store managers good, and good bonuses and you gain a lot of useful experience.

Cons

Assistant managers don't get paid very well, associates don't ever get raises no matter how long they've worked there. The store is ran by a corporation that isn't always reliable.

Advice to Management

Let store managers make more decisions about their stores, not all stores are the same due to demographics. All store should have cameras! For many reasons. When employees and customers are caught stealing they should be charged with a crime, employees need to be made an example of if they steal. And in bad neighborhoods the word gets around if its easy to steal from certain stores, some people don't even care if you know they're stealing they just know that nobody will go after them. Associates need some incentive to work well, raises and rewards should be offered to those who deserve it, I've seen too many good people quit because they feel unappreciated by the company, if they were to get a decent raise for their hard work it would pay for its self. Also when a new associate or assistant manager is hired there are never any training hours so they begin work without enough knowledge or training. Also there should be a better way to train new employees, and assistant mangers, for example I used to work at a store where all new cashiers spent a 40 hour week just training before they were able to work.