Dollar Tree - Good for a student job, not much else | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

"Good for a student job, not much else"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Winston-Salem, NC
Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Store and assistant managers were great
Flexible schedule, can ask for days off
Short shifts

Cons

No raises, pay is terrible for the amount of work you are expected to perform
In most stores there are only two employees on any given shift
Part time workers get few hours and no benefits
Registers and work equipment is in terrible shape

Advice to Management

As a part time worker I've never had problems getting my breaks and lunch hour, but I have noticed that the managers get stuck missing theirs half of the time. Since many Dollar Tree stores only have one Associate and one Manager working at a time, it often happens that the managers will need to work through their breaks in order to get through a rush or solve a customer's problem. They need to work out a better system.

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

1. "Assistant manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can't really think of any.

Cons

Over worked. Upper management steps on lower management. They expect miracles with minimal hours. Unrealistic breaks and lunches, you never get a real one. I bet a corporate employee couldn't even run one of these stores and if they tried they would understand what we go though.

Advice to Management

Pay better and maybe you'd see realistic results. Bring the music back stop being cheap...

"Part time assistant manager, IL"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

its a job... love to work with customers., for the most part its flexible schedule (holidays, inventory time are an exception). getting to meet new people. we currently got a frozen and dairy section so it was nice to help with set up.

Cons

have to work open to close on Sunday's, work full time hours without the bonus full time gets!! Full time managers get bonuses for work they don't do by themselves, yet part time managers work like full time manages but NO bonus for us!! . And the pay sucks!! I have a cashier that makes about a dollar less than me, I have a lot more responsibility than they do yet they get paid just about as much as me!! Having to close almost every time I work, I don't have time for my daughter, mainly see her while I'm helping her in the am getting ready for school, and by time I get home she is already sleeping.

Advice to Management

You need to give all management bonuses!! Without "all " managers the store manager would not be where he/she is!! It takes a team not a single person to run a store!! Same with cashiers, I feel they deserve a little something to show they are good workers. Remember TEAM does not have an I in it..