Dollar Tree - Lack of Payroll | Glassdoor

"Lack of Payroll"

Pros

Be your own boss and write your own schedule

Cons

too much paper works. cashier and stocking station was a waste of time. not enough backroom space for all the products. too much seasonal products never have enough time to sell it out. not having the right equipment to keep the store clean. male and female pay rate is different.

Advice to Management

put yourself in our shoes, is not the cashier or stocking station bring out the team is the team and management. we work hard because we wants too and that we know we complished something great today. we have enough projects on hand we don't need all that extra paper works. its just paper does not prove anything and plus you paid assocaite so cheap. do you give these associates anything everytime they won cashier or stocker of the week? did you pay store manager fair do to their hard work and time they put in to dollar tree? did you ever go check out every dollar tree store in the u.s. bottom line the best store, sales, freight, recovery and associates is not from cashier or stocking station but because they want to advance in the company but if you keep giving them so much and not enough pay soon or later you will tire out all your best managers the one that stuck with the company from day one!

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

1. "As much as I complain about working here I can't seem to leave."

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay store managers good, and good bonuses and you gain a lot of useful experience.

Cons

Assistant managers don't get paid very well, associates don't ever get raises no matter how long they've worked there. The store is ran by a corporation that isn't always reliable.

Advice to Management

Let store managers make more decisions about their stores, not all stores are the same due to demographics. All store should have cameras! For many reasons. When employees and customers are caught stealing they should be charged with a crime, employees need to be made an example of if they steal. And in bad neighborhoods the word gets around if its easy to steal from certain stores, some people don't even care if you know they're stealing they just know that nobody will go after them. Associates need some incentive to work well, raises and rewards should be offered to those who deserve it, I've seen too many good people quit because they feel unappreciated by the company, if they were to get a decent raise for their hard work it would pay for its self. Also when a new associate or assistant manager is hired there are never any training hours so they begin work without enough knowledge or training. Also there should be a better way to train new employees, and assistant mangers, for example I used to work at a store where all new cashiers spent a 40 hour week just training before they were able to work.

"Dollar Tree Management"

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ability to make own schedule.

Cons

work-family life balance poor. 3 weekends a month, 2 nights a week, 47.5 hours minimum a week, must work every first of the month weekend, no holidays off, 6 days a week during Christmas if you need to be there or not(no comp days in repayment of extra time), stressful work environment, and outrageous work expectations without proper payroll to accomplish goals.

Advice to Management

Accountability should start with the District Managers, making sure they are available to store managers and are knowledgeable about Dollar Tree processes and back office work. District trainers need to be competent and doing their job, so seasoned managers are not burdened by asking an overabundance of questions from new managers not properly trained thrown into stores.