Dollar Tree - Room for advancement. | Glassdoor

"Room for advancement."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Scranton, PA
Current Employee - Store Manager in Scranton, PA

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company prefers to promote from within. Fast paced work environment.

Cons

Not a lot of full time job opportunities at this company because the retention of employees at the full time level is pretty high.

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

1. "Lack of Payroll"

Pros

Be your own boss and write your own schedule

Cons

too much paper works. cashier and stocking station was a waste of time. not enough backroom space for all the products. too much seasonal products never have enough time to sell it out. not having the right equipment to keep the store clean. male and female pay rate is different.

Advice to Management

put yourself in our shoes, is not the cashier or stocking station bring out the team is the team and management. we work hard because we wants too and that we know we complished something great today. we have enough projects on hand we don't need all that extra paper works. its just paper does not prove anything and plus you paid assocaite so cheap. do you give these associates anything everytime they won cashier or stocker of the week? did you pay store manager fair do to their hard work and time they put in to dollar tree? did you ever go check out every dollar tree store in the u.s. bottom line the best store, sales, freight, recovery and associates is not from cashier or stocking station but because they want to advance in the company but if you keep giving them so much and not enough pay soon or later you will tire out all your best managers the one that stuck with the company from day one!

2. "OK for a short term part time job."

Current Employee - Cashier in Hamilton, NJ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Hamilton, NJ

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy jobs, laid back coworkers, very flexible scheduling, always something to do, meet lots of interesting (and I do mean interesting) people, requested time off is never an issue, work with a variety of unique people.

Cons

Very little room to move around in jobs, low title workers are blamed for any issues, management plays extreme favoritism, short breaks, customers can be dreadful, minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Have some consideration for the little people.