Dollar Tree - lots of hours not no xtra pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

"lots of hours not no xtra pay"

Current Employee - Manager in Siler City, NC
Current Employee - Manager in Siler City, NC

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

not any anymore 401 k plan is the only thing they take care of you

Cons

don't not take care of there managers treat them like trash

Advice to Management

term. store managers without truly investingate the real stores

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

"Love my job, but hate the low pay, low hours and small raises"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have gotten to know some wonderful customers and co-workers since I started there. My co-workers are like a second family to me.

I am never without something to do since the lack of hours given to people means there is always freight to be put out, straightening up to do, reshop to be put away, damages to be accounted for and people to help check out or find what they're looking for.

Cons

I have been with this company for almost a year now and was just given a teeny tiny raise. This is the thanks I get for covering for all the no call/no shows and illnesses, busting my butt doing cashiering, stocking and acting as security and only having one sick day all year?! I worked with the flu, an abscessed tooth,and when my husband's mother was in the hospital!

My hours are all over the place. Some weeks I am over 30 due to everyone calling off, and others I am below 15. How am I supposed to support a family on this or try to work within a budget? Also, I have no set time of the day I work - sometimes I open, sometimes it's midday, sometimes I close. With the schedule not coming out most weeks until the day before the new work week, it is impossible to make any sort of plans.

Advice to Management

Treat your cashiers and managers with some respect and show appreciation. Without us, there is no DT! We are made to feel like we are children who are unable to perform the easiest tasks without our mgr present. They have way too much to do without having to be constantly called to the front of the store for a void, exchange, bill check, employee sale, etc... Give us better raises, too. I have gotten one miniscule raise in the past year after working so freaking hard at my job. I haven't even heard of anyone getting such a small raise. Let the mgrs. have some input on raise amounts so that someone who does nothing at work isn't getting the same as someone who busts their butt day after day. the mgrs. know who their good, reliable workers are and who the ones who are just there until someone else can be hired are.

2. "District Store Trainer"

Former Employee - District Manager in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - District Manager in Boise, ID

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great experience with the employee and a very difficult one with the corporate

Cons

Cannot implement any idea without the consent of superiors. Its ok. However, I needed to go forward with something that did not require all the red tape

Advice to Management

Work hard and follow directions