Dollar Tree - Former Asst/Freight Mgr | Glassdoor

"Former Asst/Freight Mgr"

Former Employee - Assistant/Freight Management in Lake Jackson, TX
Former Employee - Assistant/Freight Management in Lake Jackson, TX

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team and Great Mgr only few bad apples

Cons

Low pay for any position as much money as this company makes We felt like we were working in a sweat shop Always micro manage you get one thing done and its change it, Get freight to floor but no hours and with 2 people at any given time yea no not happening and full recovery with 2 people at closing and u have 30 min And never the proper equipment to do anything.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when we talk to you and tell you whats going on,If it were not for your employess You would not be in business treat us as you would want to be treated.When we call you with a problem donot brush us off,And if you say you are going to do something set an example and do it quit with excuses. You donot want them from us.

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

1. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Shreveport, LA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Shreveport, LA

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very few pros with this company

Cons

Work Work Work to those with experience, Double shifs, 70% OF staff must be Tanf Wotc employees who do not understand the concept of doing their job but collect another check. Low pay for all staff

Advice to Management

Pay a decent wage to all employees

2. "I like the Job BUT."

Current Employee - Cashier/Freight Processor in Central Point, OR
    Current Employee - Cashier/Freight Processor in Central Point, OR

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The hourly staff i work with is great. Job is basically stress free, I am able to be home when kids get home from school.

Cons

Pay is horrible, Min wage, if I had to survive on this job as my sole support i wouldn't be there as long as i have been which is sad i been in retail 30 yrs and for 25 in retail management and not seen the turn over i seen at this company. .

Advice to Management

Management is running around always putting out fires. If just once a week the Management would sit down together once a week and plan a week out together we wouldn't scramble as a crew to get stuff done. We have Conference calls once or twice a week with district manager and DC after these calls store management should have mandatory meetings to go over this instead of leaving silly emails.. Listen to the cashiers' and freight people when they say hey this asr is wrong or this stuff is selling great. Reward people when they deserve it, and stop rewarding bad behaviors of management when they can't get their stuff together even if they been with the company a long time.