Dollar Tree - After a fantastic career in retail, Dollar Tee is a huge disappointment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

"After a fantastic career in retail, Dollar Tee is a huge disappointment."

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some really nice people work here and many are frustrated with the quality of the "executives."

Cons

leaders more interested in their standing with each other than helping employees grow and develop. extremely poor work environment, total lack of professionalism at highest levels

Advice to Management

Listen to what some of your new people are saying along with your professional rank and file. They know more about what goes on there than you do. It is a shame you protect the most horrible people in the organization and are dismissive of people who try to tell you the truth.

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

1. "Great benefits"

Pros

Depending on the department management will work with your schedule. The benefits offered by the company are second to none

Cons

80 percent of the employees qualify for welfare. Unless you can live off of the benefits alone you will be struggling financially

Advice to Management

implement better training invest in quality programs

2. "interesting place to work with"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

family like enviroment easy to get the days off you want

Cons

not decent hours, not good pay, really rude district managers although there bosses seem nice. want you to have decent average transaction then ruins it by making you ring up employee purchases one item at a time. wont fix the ac, wont give us music to listen to. tell us drinks arent allowed at our registers. we cant walk out with items that we purchased at closing therefore limiting the type of items you can buy or any for that matter if you dont have a car to put them in an hour before we close. treat store managers horrible making them work way more hours than they are paid for. would rather hire lots of employees with little hours instead of a few good employees with good hrs.

Advice to Management

allow drinks at registers people do get thirsty or dry throats especially when you keep the stores hot. give your employees better pay and hours make them want to work for you.