Dollar Tree - Too much work for little pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

"Too much work for little pay"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always busy with work around the store
Part-time positions are relatively stress-free

Cons

Management plays favorites
Will fire employees with little provocation and no warning
Minimum wage unless you're management, but even then it's only about $9
Rules not strictly enforced, harassment complaints ignored

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

1. "Not worth it.."

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job itself really wasn't hard. you stand at a cash register and you check people out... no biggie. You get to see new products as soon as they come in so you will know about them before others.

Cons

They do not want to work around your schedule. When I first inquired the store I talked to didn't want to hire me because im a full time nursing student. I ended up getting a job at a different dollar tree that promised to work around my school schedule. I asked to not be scheduled past 9 pm on school nights as I lived 30 miles away and still had hours of studying to do. I would literally leave my house at 7 am, go to school, rush to work and get home around 10 then be home till 2 studying. They continusously scheduled me to close even though I told them I needed to study and I had school the next day.
    I felt like I had decent availability (4pm-9 pm monday through Wednesday, 4pm-close Thursday, any time Friday and Saturday, then sunday anytime during the day just couldn't close so I could get home at a decent time)

Advice to Management

I feel like your part time employees should be appreciated and accomadated to better. I'm in nursing school, and making awesome grades... I want to be a nurse... not a dollar tree employee. The world today seems to expect people to have full open availability but then only be given 20 or less hours a week at minimum wage. So most people have to get a second job, but again no one wants to accommodate the second jobs schedule.
    And a lot of us are in college trying to do better for ourselves. Shouldn't you be more understanding of that? Its not like I was being picky about when I worked just because I was lazy or anything like that. I was in school, and in nursing school you have to study... ALOT. But they didn't care at all.

"Not bad for a while but horribly micro managed every day"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Store Manager pay was pretty good ,good bonus potential as well.

Cons

Company more worried about writing down what needs to be done multiple times in multiple places instead of actually completeing the tasks ridiculous. Constant turnover of poorly paid associates and Assistant Managers. Company makes job a lot harder than it needs to be

Advice to Management

Let Managers manage the building instead of writing lists of things to be done that you are rarely if ever going to be able to do , due to the constant micro managing of the building.