Dollar Tree - It was amazing to have and great location | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

"It was amazing to have and great location"

Former Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier in Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun filled employees no one has a bad thing to say and we had a Freezer

Cons

Crappy hours some individuals were scheduled for one day a week while others weren't even scheduled

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

1. "Enjoyed my time working here. Great place to get your first job or go for some experience."

Former Intern - Retail Associate in Westminster, CA
    Former Intern - Retail Associate in Westminster, CA

I worked at Dollar Tree as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-Workers are fun to be around, Manager was helpful, and positive work environment most of the time. Dollar Tree stores usually aren't big so it is very easy to learn where everything is. This is a very good first job! Also good if you need some experience or money.

Cons

Hard to advance to a higher level position. Pay isn't great until you get to higher positions.

2. "Opened my eyes to how working in retail really is..."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-small, close-knit store team
    -I can't think of anything else, but I have to type this because there is a 20-word minimum

Cons

-corporate management has no trust in associates whatsoever; they think all of them are stealing, so they implement ridiculous rules (bag checks, dumpster checks, manager must approve employee purchase, cashiers can't keep a water bottle with them under register, etc.) that distract from successfully providing a clean, stocked store and an attentive shopping experience for the customers.
    -not enough scheduling hours allotted/not enough help: too much to do, not enough people. shelves are empty (customers even occasionally ask if we are going out of business!), check-out lines are long, the store always looks filthy, and stock room is packed full (probably violating OSHA guidelines) with merchandise that could be on the sales floor. Most "stocking" is done in the morning by the manager on duty, who also has to be a back-up cashier to the one main cashier, and attend to the cashier if they need change (drawers only allowed to have a total of $75 at start of shift), need a return processed, etc. Needless to say, very little ends up getting done.
    -hours are very inflexible and schedules are given at last minute, usually on a Thursday or Friday for Sunday through Saturday of the next week (giving only 2-3 days notice).
    -pay is paltry for cashiers, and especially for the assistant managers. An absolute disgrace.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on such minute details! There is so much attention paid to lowering skid and preventing employee stealing, that thousands of dollars are being lost while merchandise sits in the stockroom and the shelves are empty. The approach you currently have is the definition of being "penny-wise and pound foolish": The measures taken by store management (under your discretion) to ensure that a cashier doesn't steal a $1 item take away valuable time that could be utilized by these managers to get the THOUSANDS of dollars of merchandise out of the stock room and on to the sales floor. I understand that preventing employee theft is extremely important, but even this seems a little excessive.