Dollar Tree - Is good to work in a place you can always do something new, and make a difference. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

"Is good to work in a place you can always do something new, and make a difference."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love to help others and because Dollar Tree have a lot of items for the $1 price we get customer from literally anywhere and I like to interact with different background people.

Cons

Hours, definitely they really have to improve a lot here. Some of the brake rooms are not set for an associate to sit down and enjoy a break. Some stores don't have air conditioning

Advice to Management

They should make a visit at least once every six months to see for themselves the condition of the store. I have never personally met anyone from "high levels" in the company. (2 years with the company)

Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree

"If you want to work hard and get treated like garbage by management"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Barberton, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Barberton, OH

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I cannot think of a single good thing about working at Dollar Tree

Cons

It's a dollar store so of course the pay is crappy. Having to get dressed just to work for 2 hours was ridiculous. The manager's nitpicking on what shade of green is work appropriate...really? Nothing was ever done to the assistant manager for verbally abusing me...in front of customers, my parents and another manager! I was made out to be stupid if this manager miscounted my drawer or if I was too busy to make it to the phone in time when she was right next to it. If I needed more change I got attitude.If I needed help I got attitude. I was cussed at on more than one occasion.I was verbally abused to the point of tears on more than one occasion and NOTHING was ever done. This manager still works there to this day. I just stopped showing up I was so tired of the abuse.

Advice to Management

Take abuse of employees seriously!

2. "Dollar Tree is a great employer, but more pay would decrease the amount of associates leaving and coming in."

Current Employee - Sales Associate, Freight Specialist in Centreville, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate, Freight Specialist in Centreville, VA

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Store management is always willing to listen to employee input. Stores are in the business of selling, so any way of increasing sales is what every what so they can go home with a paycheck. Many contests to take part in. Lots of expectations during work shifts along with the supervising of store management to help associates along the way.

Cons

Lots of room to grow, but bonuses come meagerly. Been through 3 promotions resulted in $0.30 pay raise; no title raise but more power over other associates. Packages aren't delivered or handled properly = a lot of damaged inventory on truck days.