Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

A great and neat place to work.

Nov 22, 2018 - Engineer in Waterford, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generally good pay and benefits for everyone. Work isn't too hard or stressful for most (though outages can get a bit crazy at times). Generally though, the pace is very steady and manageable. Lots of good people and coworkers. Cool place to work.

Cons

Outages can get a bit wild for most. Thankfully, they only last about a month per year. Communication and planning can get spotty at times. Nuclear work culture isn't for everyone. It's not like working anywhere else. The pressure, stress, and workloads of the outages can turn some good people into rabid warewolves, especially some managers. Thankfully, once the outage ends, the workloads are deliberately reduced for several weeks after and everybody goes back to normal. A higher than average number of work-related and OSHA recordable injuries, especially during the outages.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent opportunities

Jun 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast pace and rewarding work

Cons

On call shifts can be tiring

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Sweatshop

Jun 16, 2021 - Enterprise Architect in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule. Decent benefits, especially with medical leave if you have a serious issue you can keep your job. Some great people work here makes it tolerable

Cons

No promotions or salary increase if you are good at your job. Only select employees are paid well, most salaries are not competitive. IT is Poorly managed, Directors have no resource plans. Projects are managed by email, and there very few projects with assigned project managers. Some employees exploit the flexible schedule and sick leave. They don’t hire qualified personnel for most IT jobs to keep costs low. Significant workload falls on professionals with actual skills and training who have to advise these untrained personnel on how to perform specific procedures and compensate for tasks needing completion from loss of time for those taking “sick” expected to work mandatory unpaid OT Also they do not offer work from home options.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Dominion Energy Response

Thank you for your feedback and for your excellent tenure with Dominion Energy. 10+ years is a long time and we really appreciate the work you have done to make sure our systems stay secure and functioning. I agree that we do have some fantastic individuals working for us that make the best colleagues. But you also raised some concerns that I felt should be shared with IT leadership. Our benefits and sick leave policies are in place to support employees when unpredictable events occur, not to burden employees with an unequal work load. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and again we appreciate the hard work you have contributed over these 10+ years.

Discover more reviews about Dominion Energy.