Dominion Enterprises - Starter job, not a long term career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises

"Starter job, not a long term career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Pros

The company has a good benefits plan.

Cons

Since new management took over, the company has gone down hill. Employees are not rewarded for the hard work and more work they seem to take on. Upper management is so focused on the bottom line, they forget about the hard working employees.

Advice to Management

Remember who are the people that make this company work. There would be no product for you to manage if the hourly employees were not around

Other Employee Reviews for Dominion Enterprises

"still here after all this time..."

Current Employee - Sales in Virginia, MN
    Current Employee - Sales in Virginia, MN

Pros

good money, flexibility, and some good people, I have met some really good friends in my time here, convienent location downtown. The benefits are pretty good, not the best around but for the most part pretty solid, a couple of more holidays would make it an excellent benefits package i m o

Cons

some really bad, lazy and crazy people work here, double standards same general corporate bs you'd find anywhere--things aren't implemented in a timely manner...some management has no right to be in the position that they are in and they make seemingly impulsive decisions that make absolutely no sense.

Advice to Management

more incentives for sales teams for achieving goals

"Great place to meet professionals in the field. Terrible place for personal or professional growth."

Current Employee - IT Employee in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - IT Employee in Norfolk, VA

Pros

Dominion Enterprises is a large and varied work environment. There are thousands of employees of all backgrounds and technical proficiency. I believe it can be a great place to expand your professional network, and pick up new skills.

Cons

The company is large and out of touch with modern pay scales and work processes. We are focused on our internet products, but I get the sense that senior management doesn't use the web. Our products feel dated and our software design methods are behind the times. There is the mentality of "fix it now and fix it cheap" rather than planning for the future and building a stable product or processes to ensure the success of our future business.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Log on to Salary.com and compare your pay rates for lower and mid-level employees. Use your products or listen to those that do. Not just once in a while, but all the time. Trust the new guard, and stop protecting the old and proven to be lacking mid level leadership.