Dominion Enterprises - Initially pleasant work experience until I became a manager, then I began to see a lot of unfairness. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises

"Initially pleasant work experience until I became a manager, then I began to see a lot of unfairness."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Sales Manager in Norfolk, VA

Pros

Nice building, great views of the skyline. Very nice people to work with. Great company for those immediately graduating from college or looking to start their career.

Cons

Low Wages, revenue budgets are based on guesses, lack of marketing support, inside sales team always subordinate to outside reps, lack of clear, singular vision. No accountability. No opportunities for advancement beyond lower management. No career continuance program for those who have been in position for a few years. It appears as though those who helped build the Internet business have been slowly but systematically transitioned out (managers and employees).

Advice to Management

n/a

Other Employee Reviews for Dominion Enterprises

"A sea of uncertainty"

Former Employee - Manager in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Manager in Norfolk, VA

Pros

Good benefits and free parking. Secure building. The building is centrally located in downtown Norfolk. Nice co-workers and good people.

Cons

Continuously shrinking businesses that are falling farther behind their competitors. Promotions given to those without experience or credentials. Serious morale issues within middle management, who see no way up.

Advice to Management

It's not a fashion show. It's a business. Base promotions on merit and experience, not grand ideas that never pan out.

2. "Great Company, Headed in the Right Direction!"

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Norfolk, VA

Pros

Casual work environment. Great people to work with. Good benefits. Jack Ross is really moving Dominion Enterprises in the right direction. Since taking over as CEO, Jack has begun to transform the company from the old stiff back. He listens to what the employees have to say, takes occasional surveys to find out what we all feel is the next important obstacle to tackle and acts on his promises in a diligent manner.

The company also promotes health. They have programs in place with one of the local gyms to offer employees lower prices. The company pays 50% of the fees for Weight Watchers, and offer 2 meetings a week. Annual walk competitions, healthier food in the vending machines, etc are just some more of the things they offer to promote good health.

One of the biggest Pros to working at DE, especially if it's with ForRent.com, is the people you get to work with. I have worked with some true professionals and everyone enjoys what they do.

I have worked for this company for 5 years and am really going to miss it when I leave next week.

Cons

There are always cons to a company. The biggest con I have found is favoritism.

Advice to Management

Evaluate your people. Know their strengths, weaknesses and promote the people who deserve it.