Dominion Enterprises - Okay for an entry-level job. Definitely NOT the place for a long-term career. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises

"Okay for an entry-level job. Definitely NOT the place for a long-term career."

Former Employee - Sales in Norfolk, VA
Former Employee - Sales in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They do try really hard but they just don't get it. The industry is moving quickly and they strive to keep up. Made a few good friends. Light workload. As a single mom, they were supportive of work/life balance.

Cons

My division has senior-level managers who are full of themselves without any basis. Incestuous/Frat-like atmosphere in which outsiders struggle. Pay is extremely low (about 1/4 of the going rate). Awful benefits. Not enough resources to complete job effectively. Most of the sales force is under-qualified. A joke of a job overall.

Advice to Management

Increase pay and you will attract (and keep) better talent. Get rid of the low-hanging fruit employees. I highly recommend you have employees take an anonymous survey to find out what's REALLY going on. Once you get this info., DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Stop hiring and promoting people just because you went to school with them.

Other Employee Reviews for Dominion Enterprises

"Good Company, Excellent Benefits I liked it"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Saint Rose, LA
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Saint Rose, LA

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits the office environment was close knit and free from office politics

Cons

We were in the wrong market so our office closed due to a lack of sales

2. "Fair with lots of Opportunity"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Fieldale, VA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Fieldale, VA

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Continuous training, opportunity to telecommute in many of the field positions, technologically current, ethical with progressive management style. Had a good experience working with DE as a larger privately owned company.

Cons

DE is finding it difficult (like many company's) transitioning their core brand(s)- in that DE is loosing revenue, customers and good employees.

Advice to Management

I wish everyone at DE well. I would like to thank many of the senior management level people for offering me the opportunities I was offered while with the company.