Dominion Enterprises - Just like so many others, depends entirely upon your manager. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises

"Just like so many others, depends entirely upon your manager."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Good people for the most part when I was there. I was given a lot of opportunity and enough rope to hang myself, which helped me to learn a lot along the way. I am a better employee now, but my efforts are for another company.

Cons

My experience only, but the reason I left was over unfair promotions practices. I fell for the dangling carrot and didn't find out until later that the position was offered and accepted before it was posted.

Advice to Management

The things that I would advise have already taken place. Unfortunately for Dominion the human cost was very high. A lot of talented people left the organization due to some poor senior management regarding promotions.

Other Employee Reviews for Dominion Enterprises

"Don't Work Here!"

Former Employee - Web Programmer in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Web Programmer in Norfolk, VA

Pros

You'll work with some good people and you'll make friends. Atmosphere is somewhat relaxed. The building is still fairly new.

Cons

Poor compensation. All pay raises have been canceled for the next year. They created 5 unpaid holidays so you basically lose a week's pay. Seems to be very difficult to get fired. Incompetent people can sit around and do nothing and never get punished. Meanwhile, others are forced to do their jobs and the work of several other people to compensate while never receiving a reward for the extra work. Hard work is not appreciated, it's taken for granted. People leave and hardly ever get replaced leaving those who stay with more work on their plates. Management is constantly promoted despite poor performance and fake positions are created. Very difficult to move up the ladder if you're not in good with the right people. You'll get promises in your annual review but little ever changes. The company is stuck in Print and is struggling to transition to Web. They don't realize they should have started transitioning years ago. Management is not progressive at all and doesn't seem to know how to keep morale up. Their policies and style are out-dated.

Advice to Management

Stop being scared and fire or at least punish people who do not perform well. Your best performers leave because they are unappreciated and forced to do other people's work. Logic dictates that if you're going to lose people anyway, you may as well fire your poor workers so the hard workers will stick around. Give fair compensation to those who work hard for you. Bring in people who know how to run a Web company.

"DE"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Pros

Good people working together towards undefined goals.

Cons

Not innovative to remain competitive in web.

Advice to Management

Organization has a great deal talent, but senior executives are not thinking far enough over the horizon to accommodate evolving competitive landscape.