Dominion Enterprises - Many | Glassdoor

"Many"

Former Employee - EService Specialist in Norfolk, VA
Former Employee - EService Specialist in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Dominion Enterprises (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in the department that created websites for the marine, truck, and machine industry. The people I worked with were good people, my immediate manager was responsive and helpful, and the overall product wasn't terrible. But I really did enjoy working for this company.

If you're someone who doesn't have much drive or is fine with coasting (some people are) then this place could work for you. You won't be pushed particularly hard, and it doesn't take much work to meet the demands of the job.

Cons

This review is from my employment in 2008-2009, so things may have changed...but while I worked there I had quite a few bad experiences.

High turnover with a very low value of employees. Mindset was, if you don't want to do it at a very low salary, we'll find someone else. I moved onto a new job after I received an exceptional review for the year but received a raise that was less than the cost of living. What I gathered was you either had to get promoted to management or else do your job forever. There was no vertical growth otherwise that I could see.

I never felt important and never knew who would still be with the company the next day. The workflow was rough. And the importance on sales over delivery was imbalanced. Sales is necessary, but it is not the only means of getting work for a company. A happy customer is a great way to get return customers and spread via word of mouth.

I really could go on and on about the things that bothered me, but really you just have to decide if you need a job bad enough.

Advice to Management

I don't really have any. They chose the business model that made sense for them. I just ultimately didn't agree with it.

Other Employee Reviews for Dominion Enterprises

"Entry level only"

Current Employee - Product Development in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Product Development in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not a bad place to get a year or 2 experience when beginning a career. The building is very nice and the location has tons of great restaurants within walking distance.

Cons

Low raises, poor opportunity for advancement, low diversity in management and marginal benefits. Management really cares very little about employees.

Advice to Management

The way to improve your online image isn't to post fake reviews, just treat employees better

2. "Been with the company many years through multiple transitions."

Current Employee - IT Manager in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with the company several years now and have seen many changes which all have been for the better. The company has gone from print to an internet company and they are doing a good job making the transition. The division I work with in the company has great management and makes coming to work enjoyable. I am able to dabble in many fields of technology and work with other divisions. Dominion Enterprises is fairly large but breaks the businesses into smaller divisions which makes it more like working for a smaller business.

Cons

There really isnt any cons of working here. There were many in the past which have been corrected in recent years.