Dominion Enterprises - Dull, No potential for growth & development | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises

"Dull, No potential for growth & development"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No micro managing. Able to work 7-4 rather than 8-5.

Cons

Management clearly didn't care about their employees. There was never enough work to keep the staff busy so most of the day was spent unengaged and bored.

Advice to Management

Listen to employee suggestions. There are a lot of small ideas that could make working for Dominion way more satisfactory.

Other Employee Reviews for Dominion Enterprises

"Awesome...could have gotten paid a bit more but attribute that to the region not the company."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are a techie living in HR who doesn't want to work for a DoD contractor this is the best bet. With over 600 IT personnel, the company is coming to terms with the fact that it is now a tech company as opposed to a print company trying to put magazines on the internet. As such they are moderately open to any ideas an suggestions you may have in terms of technologies and such. Plenty of shops an restaurants around plus MacArthur Mall mall and Waterside.

Cons

This company will move forward by tech innovation only. The problem is they hire young talent who work there for a short time then get snatched up by larger tech titans out of town. This leaves the old guard perpetually in charge who cant see the tech forest for the trees and reminisce of the days when it was just print.

Advice to Management

Do what you can to retain the young tech talent and ideas even if it means you have to pay a little more.

"Strive to be your best, but get no reward"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Sussex, WI
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Sussex, WI

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had an excellent department manager during the 2+ years I worked at Dominion. 99.9% of my co-workers were a great resource. Good office culture. Flexible schedule, potential to work from home.

Cons

Too many to list. If you have a degree and are a PROFESSIONAL, you will be paid hourly and have to submit timesheets. They have been recently hiring temp workers to do busy work to replace the more higher paid individuals (which isn't that much). High turnover rate because of poor upper management and low pay.

I ended up leaving Dominion after only getting 2% raises each year, even after my responsibilities and skills had increased. They recently dished out 15% raises to keep the people they have remaining. I left the company for a career elsewhere that pays twice as much as Dominion and no cost benefits. The benefits at Dominion cost my family almost $300 a month but the deductibles are so high that it hardly covered any of our medical expenses.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees for what they are worth. Give them something to work towards position and pay wise