Dominium - It was Great | Glassdoor

"It was Great"

Former Employee - Leasing Agent
Former Employee - Leasing Agent

Pros

Dominium offers great benefits along with a busy energetic work environment, the employees are very helpful during the learning process.

Cons

The management can be some what micro managed. You must be able to take directions other wise you will be kicked to the curb due to clicks between management.

Advice to Management

Stop working as friends, this is a business, you should never take the advice of one person with out listening to the office as a whole.

Other Employee Reviews for Dominium

"Great training...but..."

Former Employee - Apartment Community Manager
    Former Employee - Apartment Community Manager

Pros

They provide great training to get you on your way to manage the property.

Cons

My immediate manager was a micro-manager, which created problems especially on a site that is a few hours away from the main office in our state (where the manager was located). I ended up having to dish out requirements that were over and above the leasing rules to residents sometimes that weren't necessary. Which in turn created problems with residents.Support from my immediate manager was varied...it depended on her mood for the day. Some things were immediately told to me and others were not. I really felt like I was grabbing for straws. For example I was told to figure a certain problem out, but then when I presented the solution I found to be the best, I was chastised and told I should have talked to her first because we could have done it another way better. This turned into a weird expectation of doing what I was told, but then in the next instant I was being told I needed to look something up myself. I felt like a puppet at times rather than a confident manager.

Advice to Management

Your training is amazing, but micro-managing your community managers is unproductive and leads to an unhealthy environment.

2. "Rewarding but dealing with low life tenants can be challenging."

Current Employee - Maintenance Tech in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Maintenance Tech in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Dominium full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I get to do what I love to do. Fix things for people. And I get paid for it. Nice to get a little time off, too.

Cons

Dealing with people with entitlement attitudes can be difficult. Some people don't take care of their apartments. I mean really trash them. But I suppose that's job security.

Advice to Management

When your maintenance person tells you something is wrong, LISTEN to them and act. Don't just sweep it under the rug.