Dominium - local management level was the issue for me | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dominium

"local management level was the issue for me"

Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager
Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager

I worked at Dominium full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

excellent corporate culture with a very good "unbiased" attitude when it comes to race, religion, gender, etc. Truly competitive pay, decent benefits, nice uniform options to suit all styles and body types. Although I didn't get a chance to experience their Dominium University training programs I've heard they are great.

Cons

Poor management at local level, terrible orientation and initial job training. Can be very challenging working with the type of tenants who qualify for Section 8 housing. Also, compliance efforts are poorly managed company wide (too many hoops to jump through at home office instead of properly training staff members to begin with). At the location where I worked, the manager was cuckoo to an extreme and basically expected me to do every facet of the assistant manager, leasing, and secretarial work for the property by my third day on the job with a few hours of training by a temp agency's secretary who was not old enough to legally purchase alcohol. I am a professional and this did not work for me.

Advice to Management

Ensure that property managers are truly qualified, mature, professional and effective managers. Take special care to TRAIN staff, particularly management staff, right from the beginning (DAY ONE) before they are thrown into the mouth of the lion with residents and managers. For an Assistant Manager, Day 3 on the job is not the day they should be expected to know and do it all.

Other Employee Reviews for Dominium

1. "A lot of talk, little action."

I have been working at Dominium full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dominium has a work hard, play hard environment which is satisfying at the beginning. It has a lot of potential to be a great employer.

Cons

Goals are not quantified or consistently communicated. Necessary decisions stall for long periods of time while staff sits in limbo.

Advice to Management

Communication can go a long way to improve employee morale. It is frustrating to not see follow through by management. Management should take time to learn about the functions beneath them in order to accurately assess employees' contributions and department improvements.

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

Pros

Dominium has a lot to offer when it comes to career advancement. They like to promote within, which I think is great. I know a lot of our senior management professionals have worked their way up from the bottom. It's nice to know that they've been in your shoes and really know what your dealing with.

Cons

The health benefits are terrible. You pay a high deductible and then they only pay 70% after that. I've never had such a terrible insurance plan. I think I could get private insurance for a better rate. So why do they call it a benefit? It's beyond me!

Advice to Management

Thank you for believing in me and seeing my full potential.