Domino's - Good opportunities to move up | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Domino's

"Good opportunities to move up"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Domino's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started here when I was 18 as a driver and just six months later I was promoted to an assistant manager with even more opportunities for growth. I quit after a year to return to school, but I would say my time there was good for a resume considering I was 19 when I left and could say I was an assistant manager.

Cons

The store is very fast paced and you deal with tons of rude customers. The company basically lets customers walk all over you too. Management won't stand up for you even when you've been treated badly just because they don't want to lose any sales. Another con, which may not be a con to some, is that they will ask you to work a lot of over time. I mean, that's great to some people who want the money, but there were some weeks where I didn't have a day off just because other stores were short employees and they desperately needed me to come on.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with some respect. I've been treated badly a few times by customers and haven't had any manager stand up for me. This goes for the district managers as well. I understand it's a business and you want to make money, but you have to consider the emotional well being of your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Domino's

1. "We need better management..."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at Domino's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, easy money and acceptable health insurance for part time employees.

Cons

Need a better stucture overall. You could be assign ed to work 3hrs and end up working 8hrs.

Advice to Management

Get new management!!!!!!

2. "When you get a first job at a place like Domino's, you don't know what other opportunities are out there until you leave"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Domino's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job is good to get some basic experience selling and using the phone to communicate with customers. It can help in the future if you are going to keep working in a service industry.

Cons

I used to work between 5 and 7 days a week working 4 or 5 hour shifts which were never the same week to week. Friday and Saturday nights are impossible to get off. Customers treat employees very rudely. Pay is very low for the amount of work that is being performed by the people working inside.

Advice to Management

Management in stores needs to respect their employees more and provide schedules that make it possible to have a life instead of jumbling up shifts at random.