Domino's - Good opportunities to move up | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Domino's

"Good opportunities to move up"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Domino's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started here when I was 18 as a driver and just six months later I was promoted to an assistant manager with even more opportunities for growth. I quit after a year to return to school, but I would say my time there was good for a resume considering I was 19 when I left and could say I was an assistant manager.

Cons

The store is very fast paced and you deal with tons of rude customers. The company basically lets customers walk all over you too. Management won't stand up for you even when you've been treated badly just because they don't want to lose any sales. Another con, which may not be a con to some, is that they will ask you to work a lot of over time. I mean, that's great to some people who want the money, but there were some weeks where I didn't have a day off just because other stores were short employees and they desperately needed me to come on.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with some respect. I've been treated badly a few times by customers and haven't had any manager stand up for me. This goes for the district managers as well. I understand it's a business and you want to make money, but you have to consider the emotional well being of your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Domino's

1. "Good experience so far"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL

I have been working at Domino's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Making pizzas! Working together with awesome co-workers.

Cons

A lot of pressure to move fast.

Advice to Management

Get to know the employee before you throw them into a corner doing what they HATE. I was told to stay on the phone as a CSR when all i wanted to do was make pizzas. I was on the verge of quitting after 3 months. Now im working as a pizza maker at a different dominos and am on my way to becoming a Crew Leader, and i love my job again.

2. "The luck of the draw"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver

I have been working at Domino's part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's not a difficult job, and it's great to have some money in your pocket between paydays. There's not a lot of downtime in general.

Cons

The experience varies greatly depending on the managers and franchisees. I've worked for two franchisees and at least six general managers in the time I've been here, and each one had a different approach.