Domino's - Engaging, Hands-on Internship | Glassdoor

"Engaging, Hands-on Internship"

Current Intern - Technical Writing Intern in Ann Arbor, MI
Current Intern - Technical Writing Intern in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Domino's as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Domino's has been incredible for the most part: I'm here for a summer internship and I really enjoy how well the interns are treated. The internship pays pretty well and the company has given us many small perks (gift cards, etc.) as well as developing a program that is designed specifically to benefit the interns. We are treated with respect, greeted with a friendly/ diverse/ welcoming culture, and most importantly, we engage in interesting and important work; this isn't some internship where they make interns do laundry and get coffee. I know leaving this internship I will have excellent work experience to put on my resume.

Cons

The departments here can occasionally be pretty insular and not interact too much with other departments, and some jobs seem to be too focused on one objective and as a result are not multi-faceted enough. Although the company tries to be politically neutral and is made up of individuals with many different views,upper management has also made their policies on certain political issues (e.g. universal healthcare) very clear, which may ostracize those with different beliefs.

Advice to Management

Great job of being friendly, approachable, and caring- keep it up! Try and keep the politics out of work as much as you can.

Other Employee Reviews for Domino's

1. "Best job Ive had so far"

Current Employee - General Manager in Keystone Heights, FL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Keystone Heights, FL

I have been working at Domino's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of growth, great opportunity. If you are involved with a franchise it would be the best bet. They really take care of their employees because it is in their best interest to do so.

Cons

Little seperation from personal life, you are constantly on call or working on your days off.

Advice to Management

I work for a franchise so I really enjoy the management, we are like family.

2. "Good environment, management hit or mess."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at Domino's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High energy job, lots of challenge. There is also always chances to move up in the company, though is tempted by the hours that General Managers are forced to endure.

Cons

Pay, hours. It's food service, you do not go into that industry expecting to make investment banker money. You'll also work most weekends.

Advice to Management

Upper management is very hit or miss. You can get a district manager who is fantastic, or one who avoids phone calls and plays favorites. More accountability from management will help with that. The business side of the company is well ran, though things like delivery times can be gamed if General Managers are not supervised.