Donorworx - Excellent cause, difficult job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Donorworx

"Excellent cause, difficult job"

Former Employee - Fundraiser in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Former Employee - Fundraiser in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Donorworx part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a humanitarian and really got behind the cause they were promoting...getting people to sponsor kids through World Vision. So it's a good feeling when you do find a sponsor. The training is also really good and the Campaign Managers are really nice and highly motivated.

Cons

It's a tough gig and you really need to right personality for the job. You are basically standing in a mall trying to get people to come over and speak to you, and then convince them to sponsor a child. It can get quite demotivating, and the day can be really long.

Advice to Management

I worked with this employer for two weeks, and when I resigned (due to a career related job offer) I sent my Team Leader and Campaign Manager an email wishing them every success with the campaign. I had gotten two sponsors in this time, but neither of them replied to the email, wished me luck for the future or thanked me for my work. Instead I was copied into an email to the team telling them I had quit. A little more respect/professionalism would have been appreciated.

Other Employee Reviews for Donorworx

1. "Working for Donorworx was a life changer for me."

Current Contractor - Campaign Leader in Arlington, TX
    Current Contractor - Campaign Leader in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Donorworx as a contractor

Pros

You get to work with amazing people and be a part of helping communities reach sustainability. Just working for Donorworx a year, I have learned more about leadership and target goal setting than any other company I had worked for in the past.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say...only that this is a job for people that want to be a part of a company that is doing great things for developing communities.
    It is not a job for those that don't want to be a part of positive impact.

2. "Amazing company!"

Current Employee - Fundraising Team Leader in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Fundraising Team Leader in Silver Spring, MD

Pros

This is an excellent organization to get involved with if you want to help make the world a better place!! This company has a way of making you feel like you're part of a family~ I've never felt so happy to come into a job. :-) It's been a great way for me to learn more about navigating through the city, breaking through some social anxiety, and helping some children all over the world!

Cons

The high turnover rate of canvassing jobs makes it a bit painful to watch people that you've become close to leave the job. It's also a little tough dealing with tejection, but at the same time, I felt like I've become a much stronger person because of this.

Advice to Management

This company is doing an exceptional job already, but I think it would be helpful to focus more on recruiting more employees to keep growing!