Donorworx - A great place to grow! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Donorworx

"A great place to grow!"

Current Employee - Fundraising Recruitment in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Fundraising Recruitment in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Donorworx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What makes donorworx special? Quite simply the extraordinary people who join the donorworx community. It takes a very special person to do what we do and our recruitment department invests a lot of time to ensure that our teams are made up of exceptional individuals. We are constantly there for each other, motivating, supporting, celebrating and fighting each day to be the voice of the children and communities that we serve.

Cons

Finding giving, compassionate sponsors to aid in our charity efforts can be challenging. Talking with hundreds of people our fundraisers constantly rely on team work and belief to combat social injustice and keep focused on bringing peace, hope and balance into this world, helping one individual at a time.

Other Employee Reviews for Donorworx

"Excellent cause, difficult job"

Former Employee - Fundraiser in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Fundraiser in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Donorworx part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a humanitarian and really got behind the cause they were promoting...getting people to sponsor kids through World Vision. So it's a good feeling when you do find a sponsor. The training is also really good and the Campaign Managers are really nice and highly motivated.

Cons

It's a tough gig and you really need to right personality for the job. You are basically standing in a mall trying to get people to come over and speak to you, and then convince them to sponsor a child. It can get quite demotivating, and the day can be really long.

Advice to Management

I worked with this employer for two weeks, and when I resigned (due to a career related job offer) I sent my Team Leader and Campaign Manager an email wishing them every success with the campaign. I had gotten two sponsors in this time, but neither of them replied to the email, wished me luck for the future or thanked me for my work. Instead I was copied into an email to the team telling them I had quit. A little more respect/professionalism would have been appreciated.

2. "Good Experience, Need More Oversight"

I worked at Donorworx part-time

Pros

I loved the cause I was fundraising for, my managers were always excellent, and I learned a lot about pitching.

Cons

No connection to corporate. There was no information available. After the contract ended, I was never contacted again.

Advice to Management

Connect more.

Donorworx Response

Jun 13, 2017 – Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for submitting a review! I am so glad to hear that you had a positive experience fundraising in the field and working closely with our management team. I am very sorry to hear of the lack... More