DoorDash - Get disrespected, lose money to work here, system is broken, horrible customer service, and has the worst glitching app. | Glassdoor

"Get disrespected, lose money to work here, system is broken, horrible customer service, and has the worst glitching app."

Former Contractor - Former Dasher in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at DoorDash for more than a year

Pros

Nothing really. Used to be ok with somewhat ok pay, but now it's better off working a regular part-time job so you don't lose money with wear and tear, gas, etc. Started losing money, so I quit recently.

Cons

I don't know where to begin. They keep cutting pay because they're super-greedy company that only care about profits, not the well-being of it's drivers. The new pay model isn't very transparent. Look at Reddit, YouTube, Facebook. There's all kinds of Dasher gripes about tips being stolen from dashers. We can't tell what effort-based pay even means. The customer service has a cultural and language barrier that doesn't seem to get it. Some of them are outright stupid and don't understand where you coming from or trying to say. It's like talking to a wall sometimes. You get assigned to abandoned deliveries that has been sitting at the restaurant for awhile and you deliver late to no fault of your own, but you end up getting the negative feedback, which can lead to a deactivation. You also get 2 or 3 orders assigned to you at same time and if one of the restaurant is being slow, you get the blame. I have arrived at a restaurant many times where the order hasn't been placed when it's supposed to have been and had to place it myself, wait another 30-40 min, then deliver late. All without any extra effort pay. All customer service does when you bring up your issues is to tell you, " I'm sorry for your convenience, thank you for your feedback." and they never fix the issues. The App is the worst app in history of apps too. It'll glitch so often. It has a timer to accept or decline orders, but it won't give you the full time to decide either. Every 2 months or so, it decides to shut down during a busy dinner rush usually on a weekend and it causes chaos with thousands of screwed customers that night. If I decline an order saying I need a break and another one literally comes in a split second later. If you decline bc distance is too far, another one comes in right away with even longer distance. They tell me I can't expect the app or numerous issues Doordash has to be fixed overnight and they're still a new company. Really???? But the issues aren't being fixed even "over the years" and being around since 2015 is not a "new" company in this day and age. Reminds me of tobacco company replacing dead customers with new teenage customers. Doordash will just replace dashers when they realize how horrible the situation is with new, unsuspecting dashers. It's a vicious cycle. It is run like a communist empire. This company just does not give af.

Advice to Management

Think about who keeps the business running, your drivers. Look at yourselves in the mirror and do the right things. Actually read the feedbacks, stop lying that dashers surveyed prefer the new pay model. Pretty much do the opposite of what you been doing.

DoorDash2017-12-04

"High growth, the good and the bad"

Current Employee - Strategy and Operations Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DoorDash full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can make a big impact early on, you learn a lot, and the company fosters an culture of ownership. Successful, smart, and nice people around you everyday and cross-functionality is encouraged.

Cons

Long hours, stressful at times, but like the title says it's a high grow startup. If you go into it expecting a 9-5, then you're uninformed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency, it is great to hear from leaders all the time. Get more formal training/resources for new employees to help ramp up more easily.

DoorDash2019-08-24
  2. "A fine part time job"

Current Contractor - Community Worker

I have been working at DoorDash

Pros

You get to make your own hours. You're pretty much your own boss

Cons

If you don't get any orders, you don't get paid. Puts a lot of tear on your car

DoorDash2020-01-21

Discover more reviews about DoorDash.