Dots - COMPANY SEEMS TO BE STRUGGLING | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dots

"COMPANY SEEMS TO BE STRUGGLING"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Dots full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like my co-workers, nice discount at 25% off, good benefits for full time management including healthcare, dental, vacation & sick time.

Cons

Company seems to be struggling since new CEO Lisa Rhodes has come aboard. While she has implement some positives like online ordering and the new Dots credit card, there are many negatives as well. Workload has increased while payroll has decreased. Some stores down to one person opening and some full time assistant managers positions were cut down to part time. Some stores have closed while yet other new ones have opened. Store are being sent too much shipment, heavy back stock, more frequent floor sets, home office seems to be scrambling each week out of desperation for stores not meeting sales goals to set promotions that they think will work. As an expense cutting move, stores now have to clean their own windows. Nobody received raises last year...even when we do, it's mere pennies. Complaints from customers about higher prices and styles changing that they do not like. Target market has been changed to accommodate a more mature customer. This does not seem to be working. Employee dress code has changed as well, with blazers and cardigans required when wearing denim jeans. Lots of hiring from the outside, not developing from within. Schedule is supposed to be posted 2 weeks in advance, yet it is not posted until the Friday before the following week, which starts on Sunday, making it posted 2 days in advance.
Doesn't seem like there is an overall positive outlook for the company unless the new directions changes and goes back to what made Dots successful in the first place. Lisa Rhodes has got to go. Seems problems started when she did.

Advice to Management

Take care of the staff you have by giving them decent raises. If you need to cut expenses, hold off on opening new stores if it means cutting back in the stores that already do exist. Listen to your customers. Changing what made Dots millions is not working. Changing the target market has not been successful.
Overworked and underpaid staff does not create a positive store morale, and does not give incentive for good workers to stay.

Other Employee Reviews for Dots

1. "Worst management - ever!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Staten Island, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Staten Island, NY

I worked at Dots part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discount on merchandise. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Could at times be a hastile work environment. Very moody and inconsistent management. Lacked employee morale. Lacked of team-work. Lacked leadership. Very unprofessional. Terrible customer service (management and co-workers argued with customers). Unethical practices (not sending in negative comment cards).

Advice to Management

Manage your store managers better. Just because a store is hitting their numbers, it does not reflect customer retention .

2. "It was a great experience"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bayonne, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bayonne, NJ

I worked at Dots part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was surrounded by great people,

Cons

I didn't have as many hours as I wanted

Advice to Management

They should try to listen to the employees a little more