Dotster - Established company, it is a pay check. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dotster

"Established company, it is a pay check."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Pros

The staff are wonderful people. Location for folks who live in Vancouver is fantastic! Near SR 500 and I 405. No income tax if you live in Washington.

Cons

Probably unrealistic expectations, attention to dollars rather than product or customers. Compensation is low. It seems like some one is always looking over your shoulder.

Advice to Management

Manage the company for growth paying attention to the customers rather than worrying about the budget on a daily basis, worry about customer satisfaction on a daily basis,instead. Support the customers and take time to invest the dollars needed to support them in the best way possible. Make your expectations real.

Other Employee Reviews for Dotster

1. "Great company, great people!"

Current Employee - Chat Sales
    Current Employee - Chat Sales

I have been working at Dotster full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have very much enjoyed working at Dotster. My coworkers are awesome and management tends to go out of their way to do the right thing most of the time. Of all the places I have worked this is probably the best work atmosphere I've ever been in!

Cons

Dotster hires chat agents on as temps, which is not a bad thing, but they are super slow in converting you over to full time employees... Been there six months now and still waiting for the final "go".

Advice to Management

Management does a great job looking after its employees in most areas. Main concern is the conversion process from temp to full employee. Benefits, PTO, etc., mean a lot, and make employees feel valued, not to mention there is a bit more sense of job security!

2. "short term employment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Dotster full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

none, five more words needed

Cons

long commute, poor pay, no time off