DoubleClick - It's Google's problem now.. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DoubleClick

"It's Google's problem now.."

Former Employee - Engineering in New York, NY
Former Employee - Engineering in New York, NY

Pros

The benefits were above average. This is the big industry these days, so the level of security, or at least job skill portability was pretty high. Product Management at DC was very strong, but that's not enough to offset the weaknesses of the Engineering department: what a mess that was...

Cons

Everyone's work was really sloppy. The "scrum methodology" is generally making the situation worse. Communication between teams is highly inefficient, it's pretty much-every-man-for-himself career-wise. Can't say much about the other departments, but management within DTG was a freaking nightmare. (There were some exceptions, but the bad eggs really soured the whole affair.)

Advice to Management

It's Google's problem now..

Other Employee Reviews for DoubleClick

1. "Great culture, but promotions are limited."

Former Employee - Program Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good Benefits & Culture, and growing industry

Cons

Promotions were few and far between, I felt stuck in a silo

Advice to Management

Give greater appreciation for the long hours employees put in, be more competitive with salary, and provide more opportunities for advancement.

2. "Great company, but my department sucked."

Former Employee - Rich Media Production Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Rich Media Production Specialist in New York, NY

Pros

Google has now purchased Doubleclick,, so free breakfast, lunch, and dinner is now available.

Cons

In my department at least, there was a very poor work life balance. You put in a lot of hours and there is zero upside to it.

Advice to Management

Once again I’m only speaking from the perspective of my department, but my manager was very disrespectful and had no idea of how to motivate employees. We were branded by other departments as "Amistad", and in an E-mail from out manager were told, “I understand that we work long hours on occasion, but this is the business we were in. If you want to seriously work a 9-5 job I will gladly write you a recommendation for McDonald’s.” “Occasion”, was an understatement by the way.