Douglas County School District (CO) - Great people | Glassdoor

"Great people"

Current Employee - Director in Castle Rock, CO
Current Employee - Director in Castle Rock, CO

I have been working at Douglas County School District (CO) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fun place to work, good people

Cons

Have to do less with more

Advice to Management

Annual raises

Other Employee Reviews for Douglas County School District (CO)

1. "SLP at Douglas Cty"

Current Employee - SLP in Castle Rock, CO
    Current Employee - SLP in Castle Rock, CO

I have been working at Douglas County School District (CO) part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Wonderful principal, teachers, families, and students
    -Each school has autonomy to make some decisions regarding schedules, allocation of budget
    -I benefit from the market based pay scale. I would not not work for this district if they did not make their pay for SLPs more competitive. The previous pay was not commensurate with other districts or jobs outside of public schools.

Cons

-I have virtually no budget for materials. Everything I use, I have purchased
    -Orchestra, band, even the school bus costs parents extra... while plenty of money is directed to upper management

Advice to Management

I try to focus on my job and ignore the general complaints in the district about upper management. It does not usually affect the service I provide to students. There is much discontent with management from both teachers and families and they will be short-lived.

"BOE Regime + not so "super"intendent + excessive reform = total disaster"

Current Employee - Teacher in Castle Rock, CO
    Current Employee - Teacher in Castle Rock, CO

I have been working at Douglas County School District (CO) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great students, involved parents, ample supplies (depending on what school you work at). Teachers,, staff, and building level administration trying to navigate this oppressive culture to provide a quality educational experience.

Cons

Low pay in comparison to other metro area districts, disappearing benefits, total and complete chaos from district leadership initiatives, excessive reform initiatives from district level, unsupportive and disrespectful board, oppressive district climate and culture....list too excessive to continue

Advice to Management

Take the kickbacks you are getting from privatizing public education and move on to your next district wrecking endeavor.