Dow Chemical - Worthwhile | Glassdoor

"Worthwhile"

Current Employee - Senior Technologist in Spring House, PA
Current Employee - Senior Technologist in Spring House, PA

Pros

Good work atmosphere
Decent compensation
Opportunities for growth
Nice benefits
Tuition Assistance

Cons

Big company with over 45000 employees worldwide..... sometimes you can just be a number. Don't be disheartened because hard work pays off..... sooner or later you will be noticed and will be appreciated.

Other Employee Reviews for Dow Chemical

1. "The Dow Chemical Company is a great place to work for anyone with the desire to work for a truly global company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Pros

The best reason I believe to work at Dow Chemical is the true global reach of this company. Where many other companies have some reach abroad, Dow is truly growing its international reach and includes opportunities to travel even at a low level

Cons

It is at the end of the day a chemical company. Many of the processes have a steeper learning curve as chemistry must be understood in some cases to understand the business operations.

2. "I am thankful that Dow hired me 7yrs ago so that I can support my family."

Current Employee - Packaging Operator in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Packaging Operator in Midland, MI

Pros

close to home, the pay, benefits, those that I work with we are like family. For that I am blessed.

Cons

it's a Chemical Plant, the fighting among different groups, the disrespect and bulling that goes on.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to actually meet Andrew Liveris. Management needs to do more for the "little guy". Instead of hiding out in the Corporate Office they need to actually meet the blue collar worker.