Dow - The Dow Chemical Company is a great place to work for anyone with the desire to work for a truly global company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dow

"The Dow Chemical Company is a great place to work for anyone with the desire to work for a truly global company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Pros

The best reason I believe to work at Dow Chemical is the true global reach of this company. Where many other companies have some reach abroad, Dow is truly growing its international reach and includes opportunities to travel even at a low level

Cons

It is at the end of the day a chemical company. Many of the processes have a steeper learning curve as chemistry must be understood in some cases to understand the business operations.

Other Employee Reviews for Dow

"Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior R&D Engineer in Freeport, TX
    Current Employee - Senior R&D Engineer in Freeport, TX

Pros

-Competitive salary
    -Great corperate strategy
    -Work with some of the best and brightest in the industry
    -Very open and communicative corperate culture. Great communication at all levels.
    -Safety. Dow has one of the best safety programs in the industry with process safety pemployees involved in a wide range of international consortiums etc.

Cons

-Performance review methodology causes significant angst amongst employees. Forces people into a ranked system with capped quantities of employees allowed in each rank. Quite subjective and depending on how good of a leader you have, could result in questionable rankings.

Advice to Management

Revamp the performance review methodology. It is universally disliked and not well understood by the significant majority of employees.

2. "I am thankful that Dow hired me 7yrs ago so that I can support my family."

Current Employee - Packaging Operator in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Packaging Operator in Midland, MI

Pros

close to home, the pay, benefits, those that I work with we are like family. For that I am blessed.

Cons

it's a Chemical Plant, the fighting among different groups, the disrespect and bulling that goes on.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to actually meet Andrew Liveris. Management needs to do more for the "little guy". Instead of hiding out in the Corporate Office they need to actually meet the blue collar worker.