Dow - Business Services Rotational Program | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dow

"Business Services Rotational Program"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Midland, MI
Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Midland, MI

I have been working at Dow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coming out of college you will work in a job with responsibilities that are truly business critical. Opportunities exist across all functions within business services, including operations, logistics, purchasing, I/S, planning, scheduling, modeling, business consulting, and improvement functions. Even though a majority of the jobs are located in middle of no-where Midland, MI, you come in with a network of 50+ young professionals who've graduated college in the last 2 years. Other job opportunities are available in Chicago, Philadelphia, Houston, an Indianapolis. Excellent ability to learn and develop skills much higher than what one would expect in first few years out of school.

Cons

Performance Review and promotional system can be a little discouraging if you are a hard worker looking to get ahead in the first few years of your career. Length of 3 rotations and are uncertain, as well as whether you will complete all 3 rotations (i.e. if you feel ready to move out into a full time job, you let leaders know and will will be moved).

Advice to Management

It appears that Dow's retention and compensation strategy is to recruit top level young talent, and develop the ability to perform well in jobs multiple job levels above what one is compensated for financially, upon leaving the program. While this is great for keeping costs down, if this is the strategy that you choose to use, just be aware that the work one does at Dow allows us to interview and receive offers of significant salary increases (i.e. 30%), which, given the responsibilities you give to your young professionals, will make it tough to retain top level young talent past 3 years in the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Dow

1. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Engineering in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineering in Houston, TX

I have been working at Dow full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities to advance. Technically advanced, lots of work and interesting job tasks. The people are important!

Cons

Pay is a little below industry average.

Advice to Management

Keep going in the direction we are, it will take us places!!! A bit bigger raise would be nice too :)

2. "I enjoyed my tenure here"

Former Employee - Business Development Analyst in Midland, MI
    Former Employee - Business Development Analyst in Midland, MI

I worked at Dow full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great. THere are several opportunities for advancement, you just have to make sure that you are well versed in the company's main goals. A lot of the employees have been there for a very long time, which I think is a plus!

Cons

It seems like your always working. You hand is constantly glued to your blackberry. While there is a balance of work-family life, sometimes its hard to differintiate the two.