Employee Review

Former Employee

The true DST experience

Jun 1, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

DST offers people with no formal social work background an in into the human services field. It is operated as a start-up which does offer flexibility and creativity. The agency does allow you to take ownership of projects and create your own projects if you show the benefit of these.

Cons

Open, truthful, and respectful communication is almost non-existent if you are not part of the "in crowd". It is managed as a high school popularity contest instead of a professional agency that deals with clients who are in serious vulnerable situations. There is a lot of gossip and those that hold "higher up" positions are not trustworthy. Issues that should be dealt with in a human resources manner and shared with people who do not hold management positions. Basically, if you need to share something critical and personal you run the risk of it being shared within minutes of your "private" conversation. Documentation is almost non-existent as well so a lot comes down to he said she said. Management lives together and many important decisions have been made outside of the office, to be specific in their home or at a local bar.

Continue reading
    8 people found this review helpful

Downtown Streets Team Response

COO

We've learned a lot as we've grown, from looking in the mirror and dissatisfied employees. For example, we started providing more training to manager and instituted an open promotion system now where anyone can apply. Thanks for the feedback and for helping us get better.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing organization that changes many lives

May 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

DST is a collection of talented folks passionate about helping the most vulnerable in our society. Everyone is down to earth and it's like a big family. Highly recommend this company if you are passionate about the mission and want to impact the lives of others.

Cons

No cons. Keep up the good work and keep expanding the effective model to other cities in the USA to help our unhoused brothers and sisters.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee

Unfair and favorites

Sep 16, 2021 - Social Services in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great to work with Team Members. They are the heart and the sole of the Agency. The best co-workers.

Cons

Toxic environment is real. Favoritism by Execs are out of control.

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Downtown Streets Team.