Dr Pepper Snapple Group - Poor compensation for way too many hours... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dr Pepper Snapple Group

"Poor compensation for way too many hours..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent for this type of company. Employee sales and online perks program are also very competitive with what others offer.

Cons

People are worn out. Everyone works 6 to 7 days a week anywhere from 11 to 13 hours with very poor hourly wages. Turnover is awful even for supervisors and above. Life gets even more miserable when there are audits. Employees are treated bad but can't go anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Treat your employees like people !

Other Employee Reviews for Dr Pepper Snapple Group

"Disappointed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gonzales, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gonzales, LA

Pros

The company is still young and has the opportunity to be successful if changes are made NOW!

Cons

Severally undercompensated. There is a major disconnect with senior management and the realities of front lines duties and needs

Advice to Management

Address mileage and employee compensation and the lack of front line support to be successful.

"Horrible pay, Good benefits, pay comes down to $8.50 an hour when you calculate all the OT you put in."

Current Employee - Full Service Driver in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Full Service Driver in Houston, TX

Pros

Health Benefits.
    Discount on Drinks.
    Free water bottles, lol.

Cons

You are hired as a salary employee, but what they fail to tell you is that you WILL have to work 12 hour shifts OR MORE(till the route is done). The pay while in training is $120 a day. Basically if you work 40 hours a week plus 20 hours overtime they are paying you around $8.50 an hour. Once your done with training the pay is $55 a day plus commission which is .65 cents per case of cans, .85 cents per case of bottles. Which I think is good but you WILL NEVER sell more than 100 cases on a GOOD day. Basically you are fighting EVERYDAY to make $8.50 an hour and putting a 12 hour shift to do so. Sounds good huh? <---Sarcasm. I just wish they would of told me all of this before they hired me, HR will not discuss anything about hours or commission pay, they say they don't have a clue, which is a lie. They would save money being honest about it because I would of never wasted their time, I don't ask for much, I would be happy with $12+ an hour at any job. If I would of known it was $8.50 an hour I would of just kept looking. I was expecting this job to pay from $14-$15 an hour like my friends in Dallas but for some reason the Houston location has a different pay structure.

Advice to Management

Salary increase or the option to be Hourly, you guys demand too much of us to be salary. The drivers DO ALL THE WORK and get paid the least out of everyone in the company, it just does not make sense. We are the backbone of the company.

Every employee I've talked to is trying to get into a better paying department but looks like the supervisors make it hard for them to transfer because they don't want to deal with training someone new. So once you get in a department your pretty much stuck there.

The whole checking in and out process should be a little quicker, you have 1 or 2 people that will count the cases then they will add up the numbers over and over and over until the numbers match my numbers, they refuse to use a calculator. If their going to keep adding the numbers till it matches my numbers and switching numbers around it just defeats the whole purpose of their job.

Maybe you can have the people who load the product count and seal/lock the truck that way we can just hand over an inventory sheet to the people at the check point so they wont need to sit there counting over and over until our numbers match. All they have to do is check to make sure the SEALS have not been broken. Once we get out the gate we can break the seal on the truck and go about our day.
    I hear they do this in the Dallas location, I don't see why the Houston location is not doing the same. Also I have friends in the Dallas location and they get PAID MORE why?