DrAxe.com - Amazing for some people, horrible for others | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DrAxe.com

"Amazing for some people, horrible for others"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at DrAxe.com (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work with brilliant people in all areas of the business.

From customer service to product dev to social media to marketing, these are seriously some of the most talented people on the planet.

But the crazy thing is nobody is resting on their laurels.

Everyone is looking to grow and there are tons of opportunities. You're always encouraged to be innovative, think big, and create something new -- even if that means challenging the status quo and breaking all the rules.

Like anything in life, you'll get out what you put in. If you're looking for a place to coast or a straight up 9-5 work life, then this probably won't be a good fit for you.

But if you're willing to work hard (and be rewarded for the work you do), then this may be just the change you've been looking for.

The salary is competitive and benefits are on the way. 100% self motivating work environment. No dress code. Monthly (and generous) stipend of the products.

Cons

You have to be self motivated. NO ONE will hold your hand. Your team is there to support you. But the key is that word: support. No body is going to do your job for you.

If you need constant affirmations from management and aren't willing to push yourself, this company isn't for you.

Advice to Management

-- Keep inspiring, motivating, and enabling employees to do their best work. You set the example of excellence at the top. And as we grow, that will only be more important.

-- Transparency is key. Shine more light than you think is necessary -- so everyone knows what's going on.

-- Nail down roadmaps and onboarding. As more employees join this rapidly growing company, it'll be key to have systems that bring people in and get them up-to-speed efficiently and effectively.

-- Last but not least, keep up the great work! The leadership is amazing here. Every one on the leadership team cares for the employees and embodies the core values of the companies.

There's an old saying: "A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

Right now, the leaders embody this idea to the fullest.

Keep it up and we'll do even more than we all thought was possible.

Sep 14, 2016 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you so much for this feedback! This feedback to leadership is vital and welcomed and drives change within our team. One of the most recent changes is the addition of health benefits! And we are... More

Other Employee Reviews for DrAxe.com

1. "One-of-a-Kind Company"

Pros

The people that work here, starting with the founder Dr. Josh Axe and the president Evan Tardy (who's been working with Josh for over 5 years) are genuinely great, hard-working and smart, with the right principles. Plus the company is growing by leaps and bounds, in terms of revenue, website growth, audience metrics, etc.

The work can be tremendously rewarding, for it's a natural health company that seeks to help people get better through food/nutrition, natural remedies, supplementation, exercise and more. Whether our web articles, special programs, ebooks or products, it's empowering to know that we are truly making a huge difference in the world ... and our core audience (which grows every day) not only appreciates it, but let's us know in our 1M strong Facebook community.

Josh and Evan also believe strongly in letting people govern themselves for the most part, and each employee is steered to what they do best as well as what serves the company the best. That is a marriage that can be difficult in some companies, but not here because the management team is so strong.

Cons

You must be a self-starter, for while the company has grown, there isn't always a lot of oversight to keep people on task. It's up to you to take care of your work and stick to deadlines.

The pressure can be high and often more is accomplished in one week here than what takes several months at other companies. That doesn't mean the hours are longer necessarily, but the pace can be intense.

The growth from a startup to mid-sized company can be awkward at times, and the lack of health insurance (supposed to change soon), 401K and not enough vacation time can be frustrating for employees who've worked at other places more generous in these respects. That being said, we've been assured that positive changes are coming in all of the above.

Advice to Management

This is a special company. Continue to look to leading, new age companies to make sure we are being fair and generous in terms of salary, vacation time, benefits, etc. While everyone (for the most part) works very hard, the efficiency and drive will go up another notch if we truly take care of everyone.

Sep 14, 2016 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for your honesty. Leadership takes these suggestions very seriously. For those reading this post, we now offer health insurance and vacation time plus a flexible work schedule. And this... More

2. "High Energy, Positive Environment, Opportunity for Impact and Influence...and Tasty Snacks"

I have been working at DrAxe.com full-time

Pros

I have been working here, full-time, for almost one year. The environment here is unlike any I have ever experienced. Everyone is so positive, full of energy and inspiring. It feels like one big family, where all opinions matter and everybody is willing to help no matter what department they work in. I wake up every day excited to go to work. We work extremely hard to help people become the healthiest they can be and it feels so amazing to be a part of that.

Cons

We are improving/growing every day, making us stronger and able to continue building our foundation with our mission. If you aren't prepared to work hard to help grow a company then maybe this job isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing job!

Sep 14, 2016 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for posting your positive experience! As you already know, leadership is passionate about making Dr. Axe a fantastic place to work. Keep feeding ideas, feedback both positive and negative... More