DraftKings - Couldn't be happier if I tried | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Couldn't be happier if I tried"

Current Employee - Writer in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Writer in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's lots to like about Draftkings and really too many to list, but what stands out more than anything is the culture. Everyone brings so much passion everyday to the office and it's a place that is hard to leave. It doesn't feel like coming to work it feels like going to hang out with your friends. We play hard and work harder.

Cons

You'll never want to leave

Advice to Management

Keep being as genuine as you always have been. The transparency is amazing and not taken for granted.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been here a little over 6 months now and it has been one of the best places I have ever worked. The energy, excitement and people are awesome. During the recent unfair bad publicity the founders have done an awesome job keeping everyone in the know. The product itself is fun and that fun is reflected in our interactions with fellow employees, friends and customers. The work is challenging but extremely rewarding. CEO is a very smart, very sincere leader.

Cons

Helping create a disruptive industry has its challenges as the regulators try and keep up. Commute is sometimes challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The efforts at keeping everyone in the loop as the regulators try and figure out what to do is very helpful. Keep up the effort spent on appreciating everyone's hard work.

"fun start-up, exciting time, not a destination company"

Former Contractor - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at DraftKings as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

After starting a new job 2 weeks prior I took a contract offer at DraftKings because it was a product I was interested in and I play fantasy sports. I took the risk of the contract because its a high profile start-up and when someone offers you a seat on a rocket ship you don't ask which seat.

Biggest pro is it's exciting to work for a company in hyper growth mode. The team in the NYC office is comprised of former DraftStreet employees and is full of high quality talented individuals. Also, there are some talented people working in creative, marketing and legal/finance roles in Boston.

The role that I was hired for turned out to be a complete farce, but it was a cool experience, just glad it was short and moved on with my career.

Cons

It wasn't surprising to hear about tech outages because in Technology/Engineering the CTO is really someone who is a senior developer in any other organization and unqualified to transition a hyper growth company to an SOA model, also lacks the skills to set strategy or people skills to implement.

No one in HR/Recruiting had impressive backgrounds or really knew what they're doing, they were given jobs based on prior connections not on merit or skills. The HR/recruiting team didn't know how to find, develop and support exceptional employees and was very disorganized in how it operated. The employees I had the most contact with in Boston were very dishonest people with low moral character.

Advice to Management

Hire people that know what they're doing and have brought tech organizations to scale in the past.

Discover more reviews about DraftKings.