DreamBox Learning - Best-in-Class Product | Glassdoor

"Best-in-Class Product"

Current Employee - Sales/Customer Service in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Sales/Customer Service in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has what so many others don't--a truly best-in-class product that has the potential to help millions of kids. Kids write in feedback daily about what lessons they love, and how they are now good at math and are learning so much.
I love hearing from customers how much DreamBox is helping their students and teachers.
Good office location- right next to Expedia and the Civica buliding.
Nice coworkers.
Decent work/life balance.
Folks race scooters around the office, nice summer party with families, clowns, food and games, lots of folks are parents so they get when you kid is sick you need to work from home, etc.
You get to help kids across the country and in your backyard (Seattle Public Schools, Bellevue Public Schools, Mercer Island Schools, Highline Schools).

Cons

The usual with any company...firedrills, too many initiatives and not enough time.

Advice to Management

Continue to value your employees and invest in them. Focus on what is working. Praise in public and coach in private.

Other Employee Reviews for DreamBox Learning

"Take Another Look at DreamBox - 2013"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We are a growing! We have an AMAZING product that is changing how kids learn math. It is a privilege to be a part of a company all about helping students learn with technology, regardless of their zip code. This is a company you will want to work for. People with a passion, a product to revolutionize the way kids learn and a continual vision for aggressive growth. I am proud to be a part of DreamBox Learning!

Cons

Some past employees who either left because we grew out of "start up mode" or were let go feel the need to negatively vent on glassdoor. Change is hard and uncomfortable, but those of us who have stuck it out have seen our CEO's vision come to fruition. Don't get me wrong - it's not perfect, but management is focused on making the DreamBox Learning culture better all the time and it is nothing like most of the reviews here.

Advice to Management

Continue to motivate, mentor and recognize the hard work and success of your great teams. We have a great LT in place and look forward to our future growth.

"Like to watch and be a part of slow motion train wrecks? This is the place to be!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good product and some great people that are very intelligent. Creativity manages to thrive even though environment was perfectly designed to stifle it. Software is supposed to help kids succeed, which is a noble goal. Excellent rooftop views for periods of unusual weather. High level of staff churn means you get to work with new people all the time and don't need to develop more than superficial relationships with coworkers. Almost 100% chance that the human resources staff that hired you won't be there to fire you.

Cons

As with bad reality TV, the DreamBox Learning experience could use better scripting. Can only imagine that senior management meetings are most in need given the stuff that comes out of them. But, if you're looking for a place to use as the basis for writing a business case study someday, you couldn't pick a better company to join. As long as business success isn't a criterion.

Advice to Management

Collectively resign under the guise of wanting to spend more time with your families. Or, stop dreaming and start thinking. Adaptively.