DreamBox Learning - THE place to help kids learn math | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DreamBox Learning

"THE place to help kids learn math"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a pleasure to work someplace where the product you serve really works. DreamBox is "Best of Breed" when it comes to helping students succeed in math. The team with whom I work is fun and positive. We know how to work hard and yet how to laugh and enjoy the day, too. The managment has always been supportive of me and when I have asked for support from other departments, I have always received it. We are growing quickly and I see even more exciting things happening on the horizon for this company.

Cons

As with any start up company, there have been lots of changes. I think the targeted growth pattern may be very ambitious. Everyone needs to feel successful and sometimes that takes time, especially in the education arena.

Advice to Management

Be consistent and positive.

Other Employee Reviews for DreamBox Learning

"Being A part of the Next Big Thing, and Helping Kids while doing it!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time

Pros

The amazing blended of brains at this company allows for every single employee to learn something new every single day. The sales team learns from development, the CEO is always jumping in on idea collaboration and is super approachable, and the client success and marketing teams want to be as hands on as possible. This truly feels like a family where everyone has the same goal, and everyone is willing and happy to go the extra mile to get there. Fantastic product that is going to rock the education software industry!

Cons

Sales team goals are very high, and expectations to produce are right there with them. Yearly quotas are some of the largest numbers I have seen in general across the industry. However, training is there and sales management is very accessible. Culture is still forming, so everyone brings new flavor to the team and new ideas of what they would like to see happening each day.

Advice to Management

Lead by example and share those examples much more openly about what/how/why something works, be specific. Be consistent with messaging, even if are company is transitioning and evolving.

"Higher standards needed"

Pros

The product is really incredible and some of the people are wonderful. With some encouragement of my peers, I am able to do the right things even when management doesn't see it. The pay is ok and the benefits are reasonable.

Cons

Based on some frank and negative-leaning feedback on Glassdoor's reviews, I overheard management encouraging shill reviews. You can see them below as having been simultaneously posted and voted for ("THE place to help ...” Being A part of .." "Helping Kids...” Best-in-Class...” Take Another Look..."). To me, that's just unethical, misleading, and unfair to potential candidates that are considering DreamBox as a place to work and support their family.

Advice to Management

The reviews will only get better if YOU do a better job of leading. To your team, things continue to deteriorate with acts of desperation like this. Shouldn't our CEO lead with a higher standard? Is she really blind to all the problems? If so, where are her VPs? It is all so sad.