Driscoll’s - Great Company...marque employer for Monterey Bay Area | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Driscoll’s

"Great Company...marque employer for Monterey Bay Area"

Current Contractor - Human Resources in Watsonville, CA
Current Contractor - Human Resources in Watsonville, CA

I have been working at Driscoll’s as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very successful company, that is more true to it's values than most companies large or small. Lot's of smart employees passionate about the company. Surprisingly high level of business sophistication especially for an ag based company. New College graduates especially with ag and ag/business degrees can build long and successful careers with this company (we have Directors that started as Interns). Big emphasis on hiring and promoting from within. Exciting global initiatives that will continue to challenge but offer opportunities to employees. Lots of fresh berries to eat and impress your friends and family with.

Cons

Interview process is detailed and thorough (not really a con), so do your research if you want to get hired here. Takes some time to understand and learn the business. Company is growing so lot's of change.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay true to company values.

Other Employee Reviews for Driscoll’s

"Underpaid & Overworked!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watsonville, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watsonville, CA

I have been working at Driscoll’s full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

--Good consumer driven health benefits plan
    --Some very knowledgeable and helpful employees
    --Discount on berry orders

Cons

--Compensation is way below market; isn't leveled to the expensive area of the HQ location
    --No pay for performance system, so goal setting and evaluations are meaningless
    --Too much work for too few staff, so if you get a job here: expected to work 50-60hrs a week minimum (salary or hourly)
    --Depending on job: lots of travel
    --Family run, so nepotism runs rampant
    --Upper management is good ol'boys club; only 2 female VPs (last time I checked) and very few non-whites in mid-level management
    --Slow to promote
    --But quick to promote when you're someone important's kid

Advice to Management

--Pay for Performance!
    --Reevaluate compensation across the company cause you can't pay your visa card with values!
    --Promote based on merit not who you know!

2. "HR Intern"

Former Intern - Human Resources Intern in Watsonville, CA
    Former Intern - Human Resources Intern in Watsonville, CA

I worked at Driscoll’s as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The internship was great! I got hands on experience in the real world of HR. I was also paid! I got to work in teams and alone. The Internship Program was amazing. All interns got together for a free lunch every Friday, at this session we'd learn about the company or professional skills. We got to meet the executive team, volunteer to clean up the environment, and learn about the company operations as a whole. It was a great summer experience!

Cons

None I could think of. I could knit pick little things, but in general I have no cons with my summer internship.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Promote the program and interns in general.